to parents, how old were ur child/children when...

SpiceHD

Reaction score
I am wondering about milestones when it comes to learning things. When did your child/children learn :

1. first word and what word?
2. how many words by 6 months? 9 months? 12 months? 18 months old?
3. first sign and what word?
4. how many words via signs by 6 months? 9 months? 12 months? 18 months old?
5. walk?
6. toilet trained?
7. express what he/she wants?
8. idenfity things like "wheres the ball?" or "get shoes"
9. read?
10. simple math?

feel free add whatever i didnt think of. i am a mother of only 18 months so i really dont know what else to expect or know what will happen next... so please do add anything that is past 18 months old ok?

heres the answers to my own questions

dada when he was like 2 or 3 months old
6 months 3 words, 9 months 5 words or so... now 18 months he knows only 8 words :( need some advice here on how to teach him more.
milk when he was at same age 2-3 months old
same as question number 2 but different words in sign.
5. walk?
6 months old
6. toilet trained?
not yet but understands when its time for poo poo or pee pee he will let me know AFTER he did it lol.
about 9 months old after he started to walk around, he was able to point to things and let me know... except when he was in pain then he cannot tell me lol (still cant)
12 months old and still learning more (i hope)
9. read?
can read 3 words so far... car, cat, bath
10. simple math?
no luck here... trying to teach him but he doesnt understand yet. (doesnt hurt to try and teach him early lol but didnt expect anything)

also so far he knows how to:
~unlock doors, and open them,
~climbs all over,
~turn on and off tv,
~sort of using phone... he doesnt know how to dial or anything but can put it to his ear and "talk".
~can tell me when hes hungry,
~when hes cold (never when hes hot though), by getting his sweater and give it to me. i leave it by door on kiddie hanger so he knows where it is and what its for.
~know where to put used diapers,
~can drink out of drinks with straws,
~knows where to put his clean clothes,
~knows how to clean up after himself (i have to tell him when to do that but he can do it)
~and the best part... hes learning that while in parking lot or anywhere with car traffic he has to hold my hand and knows not to get far while on sidewalk. (took me a long while trying to teach him when its a must for holding my hand and when its okay to run free. so i am feeling pretty great that he finally learned.)
~i know theres several more but cant think of more now lol

Wow Spice! What a good memory you have!

I remember each event you mentioned but I can't seem to remember the exact age for each milestone!....Sorry!

I do remember my daughters first word was "Da Da"...much to her mothers annoyance! :giggle:

i only remember because it was only few months lol my son is 18 months old. i am sure ill forget later when he get older lol (is why i have the book where i write things down lol)

I am wondering about milestones when it comes to learning things. When did your child/children learn :

Her first word is Mama

For speaking? Hmm, I would say around 30 words but still baby words her own at most.

Deer.

Sign words; right now, she knows more than 150 words to sign.

5. walk?
She struggled to walk when she was between 10 to 11 months old but FINALLY walk around on her own completely by on Father's Day, 13 months old.

6. toilet trained?
She learned how to do toilet trained YESTERDAY! Yep! She will sign "bathroom" in her own sign then run to her potty, I will put her sit down and it takes around 10 to 30 minutes for her to finally peeing or pooping in. =D

Oh yeppers, she do speak/sign or point at whatever that she wants and needs.

Yeppers, at 8 months old. She will point at or sign or take something to me or whoever.

9. read?
Yeppers, she do read but alot request the pictures so she can mention which they are even she will want to read the book to her own mommy. Lol.

10. simple math?
She's starting to learn Math with my father now. She drives me crazy lol.

also so far she knows how to:
~climbs all over,
~can drink out of drinks with straws,
~knows how to clean her toys without tell her to.
~knows how to use the laundry(Washer & Dryer)
~knows where the trash is so she will put stuffs in trash
~knows how to put dishes in the dishwasher(of course mess but once she finish, walk away so we will fix it up)
~knows which is permission that I will give her like; she will play in the backyard but if front yard, she won't do anything without mine permission.
~knows a bit how to swimming
~knows how to using the fork/spoon to eat

Too many things to list that my daughter knows =D

Back