Tiredness Busters

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any tips on how to beat tiredness?? I usually go to bed around 10.30-11 and get up around 6am, and still throughout the day it's a battle to keep myself awake. I work(well this week is different), this week I'm doing 8.30am-6pm, usually 9-6pm.

I've been like this for the past 2 weeks or so, nothing in my daily routine has changed. It's 9.15pm, and I'm absolutely shattered so bedtime for me soon! It doesn't help I wake usually between 4.40-5am then 5.30-6am until it's time for me to get up!!

Anybody got any tips on how to beat tiredness?? I usually go to bed around 10.30-11 and get up around 6am, and still throughout the day it's a battle to keep myself awake. I work(well this week is different), this week I'm doing 8.30am-6pm, usually 9-6pm.

I've been like this for the past 2 weeks or so, nothing in my daily routine has changed. It's 9.15pm, and I'm absolutely shattered so bedtime for me soon! It doesn't help I wake usually between 4.40-5am then 5.30-6am until it's time for me to get up!!

I've heard some people say that sometimes our need for sleep increases. 8 hours is average for adults so that must mean that some people need 8 - 9 hours, maybe even more.

But ... you are waking up as early as 4:40 PM, so that doesn't make sense. If it continues for another week or two, I would ask your doctor.

Do you exercise?

Do you eat a lot of carbs throughout the day?

Wirelessly posted

I have chronic fatigue syndrome it doesnt matter how much I sleep I'm tired all the time lol it sucks but I've been managed it ok by not drinking any caffeine to keep my tired level equal compare to wake up and then "crash" few hours after drinking anything with caffeine.

Might want to get your thyroid checked. If I remember correctly, if thyroid aren't working correctly, could make you feel tired...

I've heard some people say that sometimes our need for sleep increases. 8 hours is average for adults so that must mean that some people need 8 - 9 hours, maybe even more.

But ... you are waking up as early as 4:40 PM, so that doesn't make sense. If it continues for another week or two, I would ask your doctor.

I do wake up early morning from 5mins up to an hour. Last night I was in bed for 10pm, fell into a deep sleep then was awake by 10.30, then again 12.30-1.20 *sighs*

Do you exercise?

Do you eat a lot of carbs throughout the day?

The only exercise I get is, walking to bus stops on the way to and from work, and the same at night. I don't really have any carbs through the day

that would be coffee and sex and more coffee and more sex

Hmm, I've been wondering if the reason you might keep waking up is anxiety that you might not hear your alarm clock? And that might be the only reason you are not resting well and therefore feeling tired and that there is no medical cause? Do you use a regular alarm clock or do you have one for HH and D/deaf people -- for example an alarm clock that has a port for a vibrator that is placed between your mattress and box-spring and shakes the bed when the alarm goes off? Alternatively you can get an alarm clock that flashes a lamp or does both.

Wow, Jazzberry - that is truth. I did that a lot before I got my "alarm dog" and my vibrating, blinking, earth shaking alarm clock!

What a sensible idea!

Earth shaking alarm clock ... that's the type I need! Actually if there is one that could pick me up and dump me in the shower, I'd go for it.

:D

Hmm, I've been wondering if the reason you might keep waking up is anxiety that you might not hear your alarm clock? And that might be the only reason you are not resting well and therefore feeling tired and that there is no medical cause? Do you use a regular alarm clock or do you have one for HH and D/deaf people -- for example an alarm clock that has a port for a vibrator that is placed between your mattress and box-spring and shakes the bed when the alarm goes off? Alternatively you can get an alarm clock that flashes a lamp or does both.

I have a vibrating alarm wristwatch

top up with vitamins and eat more fruit each, keep it regular within a week you'd be a bit more alert and fresher in feelings

Back