Tips for coping with a break up?

Wirelessly posted

No rebound for me not a healthy relationship with the other person, if they or you are still hung up on the ex-

Best to heal your emotions from the past and move on bec dwelling on those past relationships will only make
the other person go away.

Last edited:
Yesterday, my friend contacted me the day he broke up with his gf after about a year. He moved miles away in a very small school town. He seemed to be more concerned about having the relationship stability than his job or school. I told him to sleep on it for a week, but that same day he posted on Facebook that he was in San Diego 150 miles away. I told him it doesn't matter what he thinks at the moment; it matters what he says to her. Trying to justify an excuse to let it burn completely is a surefire way to be single. He ran like a chicken. Being single is a-ok.

Another friend once told me the secret to getting over a relationship is to rebound 10x. I told him that whoever told him that must be bitter about the STD's he encountered.

Breaking up is hard, but it's the way it goes. Move on. oh....and never drunk dial!!! lol...funny and embarrassing.

My advice.....deal with it...don't mask it with alcohol, hook-ups...blah blah blah...It took me the longest time to get over my Ex because I still talked to him and dated other guys yet, still went to see him...it was a big ol' mess...oh, I've done the 'drunk dial'...embarassing as hell...it literally took me moving to get over him...sad, but true. The best decision I've ever made...now I've moved on, he's moved on, and I wish him the best.

Back