Tips for coping with a break up?

Agree!! and Glad you did move on! :)

Agreed 100%.... Oh wait 110%... no no can't be... I can't agree with this any more! AMEN!

Give yourself some time to heal. Don't go from one relationship to the next just to avoid the heart pain. Going on a rebound is just going to make things more complicated for ya.

Cliff Notes: Move on! :D

break-up-300x231.jpg

The best advice is.. like most say, Move on. It is not the end of the world. Close that door behind ya and open the door that is in front of you. Might like what you see that is ahead of you.

Hope be you happy with new you future strong :) I wish be you happy inspiration..

LMAO @ Jiro. That's the stuff, man!

My advice: accept that the relationship is over. Accept it!!! I think we often know that things aren't meant to be long before the relationship ends, and that the person wasn't the right one. But we keep thinking about all the good times and try to ignore the writing on the wall. Just admit to yourself that things are over. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can let go of the good times and move on. Just remember, there are many, many more good times ahead.

I also think many people try to stay friends after they break up, and this is a mistake. You can certainly be on good terms and be friendly with your exes, but I really don't think it's healthy to stay friends and see them all the time. If you do, you'll never get complete closure. It can also complicate future relationships, and it can also mislead either or both people involved.

I gotta agree with you on that one. I hoped to have a friendship with my ex hubby after the divorce only to have it completely backfire on me. I would rather be enemies..it makes things easier.

If I ever do have another marriage split up, I will go to New Orleans and flash myself off the baloncies. I loved doing that!

Do NOT hum this song when you are a wee bit on the intoxicated side:

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door.
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk,
And I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.

:shock:

..... and yes, get dolled up. The attention is a huge ego booster and will help you realize you deserve (and can get) better =)

Do NOT hum this song when you are a wee bit on the intoxicated side:

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door.
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk,
And I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.

:shock:

..... and yes, get dolled up. The attention is a huge ego booster and will help you realize you deserve (and can get) better =)

That's a good song not to hum. Sometimes you have to try really hard not to pick up the phone or send an email. I think the breakups that are the hardest are the ones where you don't know what went wrong. But when someone breaks up with you, it's because they don't want you, so you have to get over it no matter how much it hurts. :(

That's a good song not to hum. Sometimes you have to try really hard not to pick up the phone or send an email. I think the breakups that are the hardest are the ones where you don't know what went wrong. But when someone breaks up with you, it's because they don't want you, so you have to get over it no matter how much it hurts. :(

How the hum song go, so I avoid it? Hee hee, couldn't help it.
But anyway, seriously, you have to BE there at points. What points, you ask? I have no idea except that at points you have to be there. Make sense?

How the hum song go, so I avoid it? Hee hee, couldn't help it.
But anyway, seriously, you have to BE there at points. What points, you ask? I have no idea except that at points you have to be there. Make sense?

Thats as clear as mud

A rebound romance? :naughty: Then you find the right one. :aw:

Just realize that time will heal, and talking with friends will help very, very much. Don't panic, some people i talk to panic after a break because they just can't be alone-ever. So they bounce from one relationship to another and get really frustrated-thinking there is something wrong with them, it takes time.

Back