Tips for coping with a break up?

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm sure at some point of your life you broke up with someone you had feelings for. How did you cope with the break up? I'm curious what you have to say.

As for me, I think the most important thing is to try and put the break up behind and just accept it. If you have to cry, then do so. It also helps to talk with friends and relatives. Oh, and going on revenge mode is a no-no.

Don't blame yourself even if you believe that you're the reason he/she left you. Respect yourself, and don't even think about ending your life. :roll:

Give yourself some time to heal. Don't go from one relationship to the next just to avoid the heart pain. Going on a rebound is just going to make things more complicated for ya.

Find a new hobby or something. Many years ago I got into guitar playing. Several years ago I bought myself a new puppy which I named Princess, by the way. These things sure helped me.

Cliff Notes: Move on! :D

vsotqw.jpg

Did you have a break up, Alex? :eek3:

no idea. maybe this???

20kzww0.jpg

LMAO @ Jiro. That's the stuff, man!

My advice: accept that the relationship is over. Accept it!!! I think we often know that things aren't meant to be long before the relationship ends, and that the person wasn't the right one. But we keep thinking about all the good times and try to ignore the writing on the wall. Just admit to yourself that things are over. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can let go of the good times and move on. Just remember, there are many, many more good times ahead.

I also think many people try to stay friends after they break up, and this is a mistake. You can certainly be on good terms and be friendly with your exes, but I really don't think it's healthy to stay friends and see them all the time. If you do, you'll never get complete closure. It can also complicate future relationships, and it can also mislead either or both people involved.

Cry and scream as needed. Accept it. Then head to the strip club and have some tequila with friends! ;)

Wirelessly posted

I don't like breaking up.

I agree, good advice

Last edited:
agreed with alex, go buy yourself the most expensive drink you can (just) afford, dont drink all at once, but half of it then other hald next day...rides out the hang over and while at it convince yourself you'd never go back the same woman as this is same as going back to the old self

cuz you changed, its like a candle a little fire melted the top, it will alter the entire candle too, the drips of experience cant be scrapped off or else will wreck the candle of life...

get philosphical is a good one, also get horny with any strangers

Good advice!

I was in a similar situation with my ex-girlfriend.

When I broke up with her, it also hurt me. I never thought I would end the relationship, but I did.

I tried to move on, but it was difficult since we still worked together for almost a year after we broke up.

I eventually moved on and got better.

Now, I have a new girlfriend that I'm happy with. :)

i agreed with u and i dont like break up and end up got hurt feeling or brokeheart.. so i got break up by ex and it hurt me so much.. so now i still married to my handsomehusband for almost 3 years this june.. i know him for almost 23 years this june too..

i agreed with u and i dont like break up and end up got hurt feeling or brokeheart.. so i got break up by ex and it hurt me so much.. so now i still married to my handsomehusband for almost 3 years this june.. i know him for almost 23 years this june too..

you are lucky to have him... WoW... you know him for 23 years... so long !!!

Keep it up ~

:):P

I agree you. Good advice. It is rough honest and strong complex trust to rough.. That is not easy..

Cry and scream as needed. Accept it. Then head to the strip club and have some tequila with friends! ;)

:lol:

I find lot of chocolate and then going out all dolled up and grabbing the first good looking guy you can find helps.

really I serious, :giggle:

:lol:

I find lot of chocolate and then going out all dolled up and grabbing the first good looking guy you can find helps.

really I serious, :giggle:

I forgot I about the chocolate and getting dolled up...I wouldn't grab the first, I like to be sure I pick a good one! :giggle:

For a long time I was mad at my ex for breaking it off, but later I thought about it differently and figured that I could do things I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

We still keep in touch via email, but I haven't seen her in a few years. In't know how that would work out to be honest.

Back