Tinnitus worse lately

soulchill

Reaction score
Having a hard time with tinnitus lately. Seems to have gotten a lot worse in the past few months and actually keeping me up. And it's been harder to hear people, or at least understand them. White noise isn't helping at all, turning up the earphones helps, but gets uncomfortable. Depressed and irritated.:mad2:

Try playing music on your earphones? It works for me (I actually have bluetooth connected to my HAs, though.) Stress is a known big factor in causing tinnitus. Maybe try some de-stressing things?

Yeah, music helps, just not so comfortable after a while. Maybe stress is higher than I think?! I am taking today off and will hopefully sleep some. It didn't help that we got a couple of work problems yesterday and worked late last night. Those kind of problems that we can't fix because it's related to the customer's equipment or another place we do business with. But I got a way to help figure out which customers are affected.

Yeah, music helps, just not so comfortable after a while. Maybe stress is higher than I think?! I am taking today off and will hopefully sleep some. It didn't help that we got a couple of work problems yesterday and worked late last night. Those kind of problems that we can't fix because it's related to the customer's equipment or another place we do business with. But I got a way to help figure out which customers are affected.
I understand about the music not being comfortable after a while. I keep it on the lowest volume I possibly can (and still be able to hear it) and override the tinnitus. So you could try it at a lower volume and see if that gets less annoying after a while.

I think stress does effect tinnitus, I have had a slowly increasing stress level over last few weeks, I currently have troubles hearing people talking to me even in a quiet room, I am missing important sounds like the phone ringing, people knocking on the door. I am struggling to even hear the television on my normal volume, everything needs to be turned up by 5 or 6 decibels for it to sound normal, I have also had an increase in feeling dizzy.
when asleep I feel like I am constantly moving forward.
And if I turn over I feel like I am moving backwards, but this part is only when I am asleep and has only happened 2ce in last few weeks.
Sometimes the floor can feel uneven even though it is a place you have walked many times.
All these for me are linked to My tinnitus.
I hope this helps you and music can be a good counter for tinnitus but also if it is to loud it can cause a few other problems such as a prolonged or louder ringing in the ears.
I am still working on things to help with my own issues but I have found listening to talk along meditation videos on YouTube or on a app on my device. Listening also to ambient noises, birds,water,rain ect can help reduce the echo of the ringing for me too.
Hope this post helps you. Let me know what other things you have tried :)
Having a hard time with tinnitus lately. Seems to have gotten a lot worse in the past few months and actually keeping me up. And it's been harder to hear people, or at least understand them. White noise isn't helping at all, turning up the earphones helps, but gets uncomfortable. Depressed and irritated.:mad2:

I get issues with the room spinning, feeling like I moving when laying down or the ground seems uneven. For me this is due to vertigo. It may be what you are experiencing which is separate from the tinnitus. I have tinnitus too.

Doing these exercises helps me stop the spin:

You may want to try it. Don't know if it will help but it doesn't hurt - either it works or it doesn't and when it works it works quickly.

I get issues with the room spinning, feeling like I moving when laying down or the ground seems uneven. For me this is due to vertigo. It may be what you are experiencing which is separate from the tinnitus. I have tinnitus too.

Doing these exercises helps me stop the spin:

You may want to try it. Don't know if it will help but it doesn't hurt - either it works or it doesn't and when it works it works quickly.

Sounds more like s/he has Menieres with the fluctuating hearing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ménière's_disease

Back