Tinnitus is driving me crazy

tinnitus stems from many causes (anything that damages the cilia in the inner ear)
with many of the teens today they seem to think they have to feel the base not realizing that the sound pressure is wreaking havoc in the ear! tinnitus is the result.
I suffer from tinnitus since i was in the navy (noise damage from cannon fire)
while my low frequency range is quite good my high frequency range suffered drastically. and the frequency of the ringing masks a large range used in the audiometer
it makes it a bear now i have to use an oscilloscope for adjusting some frequencies I used to do by ear.
my son has worse damage than i do because of all the loud music he would listen to while i was away at work

Hiya Caramlmachiato, I used to have the same problem not being able to sleep at night due to tinnitus, I found thinking of nice memories or just thoughts of past times can distract the tinnitus enough to eventually fall asleep in a reasonable time, kind of overriding it with thoughts.

I use a low frequency sound of a truck CAT engine at high idle which creates a low level background when tinnitius is bad. Its a perfect z generator for a few hours to me. Some of it overcomes the ear issues and noises within. Just need a big speaker on the floor that can transfer that noise to the bed.

Regarding medicine, if you know what dose is helping you can share that. Any unknown medicine can be looked up online with pillfinder by entering the stamped notations on the tablet, pill or whatever itself and you will be presented with that particular drug information in detail for free. I use it now and then to conform that the pharmacy gave me the right medicines.

On bad days I'll put in several pills of motion sickness pills OTC. (Over the counter.) what I put into my system does not necessarily suit another person but it's trial and error. The side effect is that it slows me a little bit and I usually need a little bit of a nap to clear it for the rest of the day.

I don't usually talk about tinittus with doctors because what I have comes from a life time of old trucking engines with their roar and thunder in the mountains so much. Combined with historical artillery firing etc with live rounds its damaging as one ages. I just live with it.

tinnitus stems from many causes (anything that damages the cilia in the inner ear)
with many of the teens today they seem to think they have to feel the base not realizing that the sound pressure is wreaking havoc in the ear! tinnitus is the result.
I suffer from tinnitus since i was in the navy (noise damage from cannon fire)
while my low frequency range is quite good my high frequency range suffered drastically. and the frequency of the ringing masks a large range used in the audiometer
it makes it a bear now i have to use an oscilloscope for adjusting some frequencies I used to do by ear.
my son has worse damage than i do because of all the loud music he would listen to while i was away at work
In MSD we used to have dances (Such as they are...) and what ends up happening is all of us gathering around the large 5 foot high 3 wide speakers at the DJ blasting the building with tunes of the time. (80's generally... such as Def Leopards Hysteria or perhaps some of Aha etc.)

I recall walking to the campus Gym for the evening and you can feel the DJ's music about 300 yards through the feet and hear it at 150 yards. The windows used to rattle. (Storm proof in steel frame in concrete-Brick etc) its amazing what the deaf can enjoy when you tell a DJ to put the volume on 11 and max it out.

There was a large olympic pool in the back of the building set in concrete down below into the basement, something like 150,000 gallons of water give or take. You should see the thing make waves on those nights. Its awesome.

This was way before digital in those days, just sheer power through the tubes etc.

My first trip with pa to Fort Shenandoah NSSA in Winchester for Live Fire competion among 10 artillery teams using Civil War technology was also a long day. Some of the hearing had some damage by noon and could not take it anymore. The guns were lined up firing into a three sided mountain hole under a red flag and we stood up high on the edges except the backstop itself. The cough of the 10 pounder firing canister rattling through 400 yards worth of dinner plates on frames and finally rained on the solid granite is unforgettable. (Imagine coffee cans full of lead balls, half pound ones. Sometimes two were used.)

All my life with tinnitus piece of shit since i was 4...it works for me with white, pink, brown noises, shower, rain drop, rain storm, sound of ocean or wind or some other ambient sounds. Listen comfortable music. I don’t know about tinnitus pill... i tried it before but it didn’t affect me. I have to get use to ringing .....yeah i know .

i went for regular work related hearing test.
during test i had an intense sudden pain and stopped hearing all high sounds.
when i came outside i noticed a loud tinitus sound.
this was 2 months ago, and it hasnt stopped yet.
silence is gone forever. i am desperate.

Caramlmachiato, sorry to hear, I know what you are going through. Tinnitus sucks . Since I got the Cochlear implant in the one ear, the tinnitus is better, not gone, but better, I still struggle with it and night time is always the worst, probably because there is less distraction and everything is quieter, except for the annoying sounds I don't want to hear? Stress usually makes it worse for me, tension of my scalp muscles makes it worse, but my scalp may not have anything to do with it, maybe it's just the stress and makes it feel that way? Hope we can all find some solution that works. I wish I could be of more help. I really do.

Caramlmachiato, sorry to hear, I know what you are going through. Tinnitus sucks . Since I got the Cochlear implant in the one ear, the tinnitus is better, not gone, but better, I still struggle with it and night time is always the worst, probably because there is less distraction and everything is quieter, except for the annoying sounds I don't want to hear? Stress usually makes it worse for me, tension of my scalp muscles makes it worse, but my scalp may not have anything to do with it, maybe it's just the stress and makes it feel that way? Hope we can all find some solution that works. I wish I could be of more help. I really do.

I also wear ear plugs since Koronavirus hit. They all say in news protect eyes, nose, mouth, wash hands, wear mask, face shield, gloves etc but no mention of ears. To me, common sense says also protect ya ears and brain so also why i wear ear plugs.

Always tinnitus gets worse seconds after putting ear plugs in but only for 2-3 seconds, then noise lulls until it is peaceful enough for me to sleep.
I also wear an ear plug in my good ear, my other ear is dead, from a real bad concussion. At night I put my bone conduction headphones over the ear plug and put on some A 432 instrumental music on low, and it lulls me to sleep. I also use a 432 tuning fork placed on my forehead, and listen to it for as long as I can. Tinnitus is a brain wave, and kind of an echo from the trauma, so listening to music I like helps allot.

Back