Tinnitus is driving me crazy

Reaction score
Hello everyone , Tinnitus is driving me crazy it's really loud to the point I find it hard to sleep or function or enjoy anything , my doctor once told me he can't do anything bout it
Is that true ? And how do you manage it ? Any lifestyle changes or any triggers I can avoid ?
Any help is very appreciated , thank you all ♥️

There's a lot of talk on here about tinnitus, I've had all my life so I didn't know it wasn't sopost to be there,if you don't find it before I can rember, I'll get back to you :hmm:

Well , it comes and goes ,I saw a friend this weekend twice and Tinnitus made the conversation kinda hard , I hope it's gets better maybe I need more time stress free

For me, tinnitus is always in the background, but I find it a little soothing. I have hyperacusis in one ear, so that may be why tinnitus doesn't bother me as much. But it does tend to get loud when I've been awake too long.

Tinnitis has been a problem for me for a long time. Maybe 25 years. Got much worse when I became full Deaf. For me, only thing that little bit helps is ear plugs. I don't know why. Audiologist doesnt know why. But it works for me. It doesnt make the screaming and whistling fully go away but it does soothe it a little bit.

Good luck ok?

Tinnitis has been a problem for me for a long time. Maybe 25 years. Got much worse when I became full Deaf. For me, only thing that little bit helps is ear plugs. I don't know why. Audiologist doesnt know why. But it works for me. It doesnt make the screaming and whistling fully go away but it does soothe it a little bit.

Good luck ok?
Thank you , I was thinking of getting ear plugs too for another reason and I will see if it helps my Tinnitus too , actually mine is much much better almost gone because I have been taking a pill that doctor gave me ,sometimes allergy pills help me too

Thank you , I was thinking of getting ear plugs too for another reason and I will see if it helps my Tinnitus too , actually mine is much much better almost gone because I have been taking a pill that doctor gave me ,sometimes allergy pills help me too
Would you mind saying what pill the doctor gave you? I am a Deaf Advocate and if I could use the information to help a client; I'd love to know. If you don't mind. If so, that's ok. I respect your privacy.

Would you mind saying what pill the doctor gave you? I am a Deaf Advocate and if I could use the information to help a client; I'd love to know. If you don't mind. If so, that's ok. I respect your privacy.
Hi Ellie , it's totally fine ,it's Betaserc 16 , 2 pills aday , Itinnitus was completely gone the next day
I do get some tinnitus from time to time throughout the day especially when there is noise but it's generally much better now even when I miss pills sometimes ,it's supposed to help with blood flow in the inner ear

Hi Ellie , it's totally fine ,it's Betaserc 16 , 2 pills aday , Itinnitus was completely gone the next day
I do get some tinnitus from time to time throughout the day especially when there is noise but it's generally much better now even when I miss pills sometimes ,it's supposed to help with blood flow in the inner ear
That's wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I am so happy you have found relief and I hope it lasts.

There is no cure for tinnitus, pills may help to reduce it temporarily. Check for pills side effects.
Hello, yeah of course , Iam aware of that , but even a temporary relief is good enough as it was super loud and debilitating , I have been checking the side effects so far didn't find anything , but if u have any info on the side effects of Betaserc 16 please share with me

I'm deaf but wear a Cochlear Implant. I was late deaf and the extremely loud tinnitus started when I started losing my hearing (which was progressive) and progressed to the point I was going crazy. One big thing that helped was getting earphones/headphones and play white noise. That masked the noise (mostly). Then I just got an Cochlear 3 years ago and the sounds were terrible. I was shown how my Cochlear can stream my phones sounds therby stream white noise file directly to my Cochlear and it finally. mostly all went away. I only bring the Cochlear up because its so much easier than wearing big headphones I use to wear. Now a day's they have small earpods which are lite and so small you can't even notice. I would try getting one and some white noise file on your phone and use 1 earpod in whatever side sounds worse with tennitus. That way if your not deaf or even hard of hearing you can still hear. Give it a try. I know when I wear my Cochlear, it helps quite a lot.

I also wear ear plugs since Koronavirus hit. They all say in news protect eyes, nose, mouth, wash hands, wear mask, face shield, gloves etc but no mention of ears. To me, common sense says also protect ya ears and brain so also why i wear ear plugs.

Always tinnitus gets worse seconds after putting ear plugs in but only for 2-3 seconds, then noise lulls until it is peaceful enough for me to sleep.

Back