Tinnitus and Ibuprofen

jonnyghost

Reaction score
I've had a head cold and my tinnitus has been pretty loud. My back hurt the other day so I took some Ibuprofen and a few hours later the ringing in my head got twice as loud.

It got me thinking and a quick internet search showed that tinnitus can be a side effect of many pain relievers. I didn't take as much as it said was necessary for it to cause tinnitus but it seemed to much to be a coincidence. 3 days later and it seams to be getting better. Anyone else noticed this?

I've had a head cold and my tinnitus has been pretty loud. My back hurt the other day so I took some Ibuprofen and a few hours later the ringing in my head got twice as loud.

It got me thinking and a quick internet search showed that tinnitus can be a side effect of many pain relievers. I didn't take as much as it said was necessary for it to cause tinnitus but it seemed to much to be a coincidence. 3 days later and it seams to be getting better. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I have found that any and all analgesics; aspirin,ibuprofen, and acetaminophen causes my tinnitus to be worse, even a single dose.

Asprin based things can cause it ibrupofen is one.I don't think codine based meds do this but got other side effects.
you have my symphy bad back is horrible

Yes, I have found that any and all analgesics; aspirin,ibuprofen, and acetaminophen causes my tinnitus to be worse, even a single dose.

Sounds like I'm out of luck in the pain killer department! I've always liked ibuprofen because it's anti inflammatory. It's funny, I don't remember having this problem before but maybe I just didn't make the connection.

Asprin based things can cause it ibrupofen is one.I don't think codine based meds do this but got other side effects.
you have my symphy bad back is horrible

Thanks, I'm grateful that I only get occasional back pain. People with chronic pain really have it rough.

I've never really noticed if ibuprofen (Advil etc) made my tinnitus worse or not don't think it has- or Aleve for that matter. I do know that too much aspirin all at once can make it worse permanently.

May have to pay attention now as I sometimes do take Advil, Aleve or Excedrin Migraine...

Sounds like I'm out of luck in the pain killer department! I've always liked ibuprofen because it's anti inflammatory. It's funny, I don't remember having this problem before but maybe I just didn't make the connection.

Thanks, I'm grateful that I only get occasional back pain. People with chronic pain really have it rough.

they do have it bad and get not much sympathy

Ahhhhhhhhhh!! :eek3:

:laugh2: Sorry, feel like there is an emergency wistle in my head! Still not getting better. Hope it does soon. Just giving a shout out to all the other tinnitus sufferers. :D

just found out about tikoket jell...better than ibrufen and no side effects but uk need scrip maybe America get over counter

just found out about tikoket jell...better than ibrufen and no side effects but uk need scrip maybe America get over counter

Could you please check the spelling of this jell name? I tried to do a search and got nowhere.

Could you please check the spelling of this jell name? I tried to do a search and got nowhere.

tiloket jell plenty of advice on internet

Thank you. That did the trick. If you will notice from the quotes above the first post you spelled it "tikoket". That didn't get me good results. But the last one where it is spelled "tiloket" did.

no worries,i been trying to spell it all day googling it.i used some of friends then forgot how to spell it been using every combination of those letters finally got it...got gernetic name begin with k and not going try and spell that

Back