Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. You have to report your income very diligently. For each $2 you make, they take off $1.

Suppose you had $500 in SSI payments, you made $1000 in a month, you won't get any $ next month from SSI.

SSDI is a different story, you can make up to $1000/mo as of jan 2010 without any deductions. But don't forget there is the trail period, which is any 9 months in a 5 years term where you can make any amount without worrying about your SSDI. They count the trail period months off if you make more than $500 or so.

don't forget that you can keep all of the ssd and work and make less then 720 a month so you can make up to 166.00 a week and not lose the ssd check you can work and make 8 an hr for 20 hrs a week for 160 a week

I have welfare is sometimes issues reason important! I have ssi limit 160 dollars! that is why

recommand social worker is very 1 monthly!

Ah..... My HoH/Vision Loss combo is Usher's Syndrome Type 2. It says my balance should be fine, but my balance sucks.

I talked with someone from Social Security yesterday and they said that I am gonna be getting $744 a month starting in October as they are saying that my disability didn't start until April of this year, which is when I saw their doc, despite the fact that I have been HoH all my life and RP is genetic, but wasn't diagnosed until Feb. of last year.

I am appealing for reconsideration of the disability date as they didn't get my eye doc reports to show that I was diagnosed with RP Feb. last year. Do you think that it'd matter if I get evidence to show that my HoH/VL is Usher's Syndrome? I read that Usher's only affects about 1 in 25,000 babies.

Ah..... My HoH/Vision Loss combo is Usher's Syndrome Type 2. It says my balance should be fine, but my balance sucks.

I talked with someone from Social Security yesterday and they said that I am gonna be getting $744 a month starting in October as they are saying that my disability didn't start until April of this year, which is when I saw their doc, despite the fact that I have been HoH all my life and RP is genetic, but wasn't diagnosed until Feb. of last year.

I am appealing for reconsideration of the disability date as they didn't get my eye doc reports to show that I was diagnosed with RP Feb. last year. Do you think that it'd matter if I get evidence to show that my HoH/VL is Usher's Syndrome? I read that Usher's only affects about 1 in 25,000 babies.

If your case has been denied then continue to appeal for it as long as your evidences are all right there. BOTH of your HOH and VL are the presence evidence.

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to leave a post anyways. I am HoH but wear hearing aids that do help, but not still not the same as normal people. I am also afflicted with Retenitis Pigmentosa, a rare genetic defect that affects the eyes. I have met the medical requirements for SSDI but am awaiting for approval for the non-medical rules. I am also on medi-cal as well. I am really needing the disability. my hearing and vision loss combination is really affecting me. it sucks when I don't see or hear someone because of them and then they get all mad at me for not seeing or hearing them. I really hope that I am able to get SSDI as I have no other source of income at all as I am not able to work at all.

Same here, I do have usher syndrome too and life is much more challenge than I thought.

You may be very lucky if you get job that is very friendly to deafblind but college education is probably highly recommended.

I am sorry that I didn't know that you have the usher syndrome. Damn it. My good friend has it. He still works at a financial company in Boston as an accountant for almost 10 years. I recalled that he had a trouble seeing in the evening when we were students at NTID. I hope that he didn't get layoff. I have no idea how much affect if a person gets layoff and force himself/herself to be on welfare that would lead a low life. I don't want to say that, but how he/she would manage to remain the good lifestyle?

Do you ever look up about stem-cells for user syndrome? What would happen if you get the cure from the stem-cells and force you to get off your SSI too early that you are not ready to adapt your new life? Do you think that the SS department doesn't give a damn about it?

If your case has been denied then continue to appeal for it as long as your evidences are all right there. BOTH of your HOH and VL are the presence evidence.

I have been approved for it, but my eye dr never gave them the reports they needed for my claim. So SSDI just went off the date of when I saw their doctor, which was this last April, which confirmed my dr's diagnosis of RP. Because they say that I only became disabled in April, I won't get my benefits until October. So I need to appeal the disability date so they will acknowledge an earlier date of disability so I can get my benefits now and hopefully with more in back pay as it has been two years since I have been able to work.

The only thing that really sucks is that my RP wasn't diagnosed until Feb. 2010. I always knew something was wrong with my eyes, but never went to the dr til last year. Man, got diagnosed at 26 when I should have been diagnosed when I was a teenager.

For me, it's brutal having a hard time hearing what people say and then I am constantly walking into things or tripping over them too. I hate leaving my apt for anything cuz I am always so concerned about what I am gonna walk into next. I mean, I have knocked over little kids before because I couldn't see them. I almost got into a bar fight cuz I accidentally knocked over his beer cuz I didn't see it. I hate everything that I have to go through just to live my life.

I read that for RP, they are working on microscopic cameras to insert into the retina. Haven't heard anything on the HoH front though. I haven't heard anything about stem cells.

I was approved for disability, but I am having to appeal my disability date as my opt. dr. didn't give them the needed reports.

and I have to agree with Lauren, I know MANY deaf people are taking advantage of welfare - it's not going to help them learn and find jobs! arrrgh. one of my pet peeves. I imagine myself receiving SSI, I will be more lazy knowing money falls from tree on the first day of each month. I WISH SSI aren't for deaf people.... unless they are truly, sorry, 'disabled'.
You have any idea how deaf people are discriminated? You have any idea how difficult is not to hear on phone? Very,very frustrating. At jobs,hearing people have problems working with deaf people. I've been there.

and not just that, deaf people with SSI makes themselves look bad because most of the percent of deaf people I know are on drugs HAVE SSI.
Not true at all. I do not make myself look bad b/c I am drug free. Shoot,I dont even smoke cigarettes.
I hate to say this - there's certain deaf people who are VERY lazy and choose to take advantage of the system.

:bsflag:you're just assuming. Not fair at ALL!
I knew someone that was getting full SSI and got laid off with a severance package. That person also got a 6 figure inheritance and did not report it. Kept it in mommy's bank account (mommy helped cover this up) That person also got VR to fund their education, while receiving SSI, and severance package.

Disgusting.

I do not receive SSI, I work. I will clean toilets before I ever reach out for SSI.

Hey, my parents own a cleaning business and I'd be very happy to offer you job that requires cleaning urinals and toilets. I'd done it and believe me, I enjoy SSI a lot more. I have taken trash out of ladies bathrooms at banks and I had to smell bloody tampons that has been in trash bin all day. Interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles
and not just that, deaf people with SSI makes themselves look bad because most of the percent of deaf people I know are on drugs HAVE SSI.

Not true at all. I do not make myself look bad b/c I am drug free. Shoot,I dont even smoke cigarettes.

Anyone on SSI who has a substance abuse problem is punishing him/herself. Even tobacco, unless they RYO. SSI only provides for the basic necessities. AND most people on SSI don't have the social skills to be "successful" with criminal behavior.

I have experienced this with my son, and he is finally seeing the light.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Social security adminstration needs a overhaul, 'nuff said.

You have any idea how deaf people are discriminated? You have any idea how difficult is not to hear on phone? Very,very frustrating. At jobs,hearing people have problems working with deaf people. I've been there.
curious did you try to go to college???

good so you can try to work a part time job to see if it can leads to a better job becaue it can pay ss taxes go to your ss benefits that has been increasing better so you can have more ss benefits in the future

:bsflag:you're just assuming. Not fair at ALL!

Hey, my parents own a cleaning business and I'd be very happy to offer you job that requires cleaning urinals and toilets. I'd done it and believe me, I enjoy SSI a lot more. I have taken trash out of ladies bathrooms at banks and I had to smell bloody tampons that has been in trash bin all day. Interesting?

I certainly hope that you do consider to look for a part time job or go to college because it will do you real good!

I certainly hope that you do consider to look for a part time job or go to college because it will do you real good!

As of now, I am laying low. (not looking for part time b/c of economy)

Not everybody see their 62nd and 65th birthday b.c people die of cancers,natural causes,mother nature,etc....vehicle wrecks,brain tumors....every-single-day!

I dont look that far ahead b.c you never know when you are going to die. I live in the moment, I live my day to the fullest whatever life brings me. :)

As of now, I am laying low. (not looking for part time b/c of economy)

Not everybody see their 62nd and 65th birthday b.c people die of cancers,natural causes,mother nature,etc....vehicle wrecks,brain tumors....every-single-day!

I dont look that far ahead b.c you never know when you are going to die. I live in the moment, I live my day to the fullest whatever life brings me. :)

Yeah, I get it...living w/ur parents, rent free!...You know, I'm approaching my 65th birthday in about 5 months....I've worked all my life and I'm a female. My parents were deceased when I was very young.....no family. And yeah, I was deaf....

Seems there is "nothing" wrong with you...just a bad case of "laziness"....and depending upon ur family to support you. I have 3 sons, and as soon as their schooling is over, they get a job!...I'm not going to support them. Ur parents are enabling you...and ur taking advantage of it...one day you're gonna look back and think...."what the hell have I done with my life?"

Simply cut off SSI to all the deaf people who are lazy and not working and they will be like this:
OMG_Emoticon.gif

It's the only way wake up most of the deaf people who are lazy and are already good enough to work at a job.

Simply cut off SSI to all the deaf people who are lazy and not working and they will be like this:
OMG_Emoticon.gif

It's the only way wake up most of the deaf people who are lazy and are already good enough to work at a job.

If that happens, they will purge all of us including you no matter what because they don't care about us because SS employees' salary is so bad.

If that happens, they will purge all of us including you no matter what because they don't care about us because SS employees' salary is so bad.

Yes the SS adminstration seriously needs a overhaul. The system is so bad that there are too many errors without double checking their errors and they need to update the filing and computer server and systems.

Yes the SS adminstration seriously needs a overhaul. The system is so bad that there are too many errors without double checking their errors and they need to update the filing and computer server and systems.

Okay. What about dirty politicians that have been hiding their big bucks in their freezer? Is that another issue?

Yeah, I get it...living w/ur parents, rent free!...You know, I'm approaching my 65th birthday in about 5 months....I've worked all my life and I'm a female. My parents were deceased when I was very young.....no family. And yeah, I was deaf....

Seems there is "nothing" wrong with you...just a bad case of "laziness"....and depending upon ur family to support you. I have 3 sons, and as soon as their schooling is over, they get a job!...I'm not going to support them. Ur parents are enabling you...and ur taking advantage of it...one day you're gonna look back and think...."what the hell have I done with my life?"

I smell jealous.... I do a lot with my life...Oh, believe me. I have lost 35lbs so far this year. Im 8th degree black belt. I do not sit on my couch 24/7-365. You have no idea what I do with my life.

EDIT: You very nosey. I do pay at least one bill a month. Get a clue.

Last edited:
Back