Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just in: I know several people that are getting $3000+ a month off the government, cash, all legal, right now...
They're enjoying their "semi retirement" as we speak.

Just in: I know several people that are getting $3000+ a month off the government, cash, all legal, right now...

how do you feel about that?

Nice combined with ssa, cash and others monthly are 3000.

From my own eyes, SSA alone, at most i have seen is around 2,300 a month but most of times, close to 2000.

Wish I could do that. I'm stuck with my just less than $1000 only. Don't qualify for some other things, but I may be missing out on some things.

Perfectly fine with it. Matter of fact I suggested to them to travel, take this time to do what they have always wanted to do.

grrr damn you!!!! Welllll you gave me a slightly idea that I could have retire at a earliest age if my work retirment is enough to cover the money along as well as with SS Disability benefit to survive in a long run. I can finish my work in 10 more years. then i can work a part time involving with deaf children's needs in general agencies. :hmm:

okay, I am lost on how to get "SSDI, SSA and SSI". I know that SSI means that deaf and disable are qualify to get it. But what does SSDI and SSA means? Does SSDI means that deaf must work part time under $900 per month and still collect about $600 from SSDI? And same thing for SSA?

Please don't tell me to google it... I mean I wanted to learn from your experience.

I am deaf and I have been working for about 10 years, but I have never heard about SSI until I join and stumble onto this website.

I dont know if some people realize the difference betweent SSA, SSI, and SSDI. As to my knowledge - its not possible for those people to earn more than 1k. Unless they have special circustmance which override and get more $ to meet the living expenses.

I know some people get over than what they're supposed to get due to their medical condition.

Also, some single mother decide to have some boomers - of course, the states give funds for deaf/disability boomers.

I dont know if some people realize the difference betweent SSA, SSI, and SSDI. As to my knowledge - its not possible for those people to earn more than 1k. Unless they have special circustmance which override and get more $ to meet the living expenses.

I know some people get over than what they're supposed to get due to their medical condition.

Also, some single mother decide to have some boomers - of course, the states give funds for deaf/disability boomers.

The above is correct.

oh yeah tell me about it. Some mothers decide not to get married right away until kids get older then they can get married if they are still with the same guys.

oh yeah tell me about it. Some mothers decide not to get married right away until kids get older then they can get married if they are still with the same guys.

More issues are very disgusting nowdays. I know there's some mother who does not want to get married to their guys so they can keep ssi. Since their guys have job.

someone talks about SSI/part-time job.

my question is why SSI and part-time job? so, SSI can let someone work part-time?

someone talks about SSI/part-time job.

my question is why SSI and part-time job? so, SSI can let someone work part-time?

Yes. You have to report your income very diligently. For each $2 you make, they take off $1.

Suppose you had $500 in SSI payments, you made $1000 in a month, you won't get any $ next month from SSI.

SSDI is a different story, you can make up to $1000/mo as of jan 2010 without any deductions. But don't forget there is the trail period, which is any 9 months in a 5 years term where you can make any amount without worrying about your SSDI. They count the trail period months off if you make more than $500 or so.

Oh, okay Thanks PFH for the explantion.

A deaf friend of mine who had prosthetic legs lived on SSI. he/she recieved $845.00 I think not sure. If he/she get a job part time then how much with her or his 845.00?.

This is an issue I have wondered about.
I have seen people on welfare plus social security income. Why is it that even the deaf would cheat the system?

This is an issue I have wondered about.
I have seen people on welfare plus social security income. Why is it that even the deaf would cheat the system?

I hate to say this - there's certain deaf people who are VERY lazy and choose to take advantage of the system.

No wonder.
Maybe they are the same people that give the deaf community a bad name and problems with the job market.

More issues are very disgusting nowdays. I know there's some mother who does not want to get married to their guys so they can keep ssi. Since their guys have job.
or like me, to see if guys can handle kids and I'm glad I didn't. marrying first before boomers makes no difference for newlys but having boomers first before marriage shows a huge difference, of their true colors too. kids are a big task to deal with each day. I mean, some guys get so abusive suddenly after they learned that their other half 'signification' is carrying a baby. I never knew that, that if you are not married, you would get SSI. I do not like or use SSI anyway.

and I have to agree with Lauren, I know MANY deaf people are taking advantage of welfare - it's not going to help them learn and find jobs! arrrgh. one of my pet peeves. I imagine myself receiving SSI, I will be more lazy knowing money falls from tree on the first day of each month. I WISH SSI aren't for deaf people.... unless they are truly, sorry, 'disabled'.

Back