Those of you who have SSI/SSDI

the last long term job I had I was laid off due to "store volume decrease",moved to another city a few months after that and had a seasonal job but I wasn't hired after the season was up.

If your SSDI has been denied. hire a lawyer for fight your disability's right about 5 to 8 years later to get your SSDI back.

If your SSDI has been denied. hire a lawyer for fight your disability's right about 5 to 8 years later to get your SSDI back.

That's my plan, I'm hoping it doesn't go that far seeing as how they found me disabled medically. That gives me a bit of hope.

Yes, there are lawyers in that field. BUT I wonder how the clients will survive those years without money. :hmm:

Yes, there are lawyers in that field. BUT I wonder how the clients will survive those years without money. :hmm:

I think he means month, not year.

It took 3 months for my SSDI to got approved, so no lawyer or court involved.

I think he means month, not year.

Did you have 5 months waiting period before you got your first check?

Long time ago, the recipients got paybacks for those waiting months but now SSA doesn't do that anymore.

Did you have 5 months waiting period before you got your first check?

Long time ago, the recipients got paybacks for those waiting months but now SSA doesn't do that anymore.

No, it took 3 months for me to got a first check and very fat backpay too.

but did anyone here get a letter similar to mine that I posted above?

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Really? Then tell me how come my ex-BIL didn't get a payback from SSDI after he waited for 5 months in 2010?

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10153.pdf#page=3

I was eligible for SSDI in 2010 but they held me for one year, and my SSDI letter stated that I became disabled on August 2010 but didn't receive first check until November 2011. SS requested me to submit my medical record in August 2011 and they reviewed it so they found my disability completely met SS criteria (Usher Syndrome, anxiety disorder, IBS) so approved in October 2011 and started receive first check on November 2011.

Financially, which is better to get, SSI or SSDI?

Financially, which is better to get, SSI or SSDI?

SSDI pay more and no resource limit, and SSDI payment is depending on how much work credit that you collected before you became disabled - known as contribute to SS. SSDI recipients eligible for Medicare after 2 years and some recipients eligible for Medicaid under state, but not me (not eligible for Medicaid and I don't care because Alabama Medicaid is completely junk).

SSI pay less (max is $721 in 2014) and has resource limit that haven't increased since 1989. SSI recipients automatically receive Medicaid under state.

SSDI pay more and no resource limit, and SSDI payment is depending on how much work credit that you collected before you became disabled - known as contribute to SS. SSDI recipients eligible for Medicare after 2 years and some recipients eligible for Medicaid under state, but not me (not eligible for Medicaid and I don't care because Alabama Medicaid is completely junk).

SSI pay less (max is $721 in 2014) and has resource limit that haven't increased since 1989. SSI recipients automatically receive Medicaid under state.
Thank you.

I was eligible for SSDI in 2010 but they held me for one year, and my SSDI letter stated that I became disabled on August 2010 but didn't receive first check until November 2011. SS requested me to submit my medical record in August 2011 and they reviewed it so they found my disability completely met SS criteria (Usher Syndrome, anxiety disorder, IBS) so approved in October 2011 and started receive first check on November 2011.
I am still confused.

You applied for SSDI in Aug 2010, correct?

If correct, you got your first check in Nov 2011, correct?

If correct, that means you waited for about 15 months, correct?

If correct, your quote said differently.

If it's actually 15 months of waiting instead of 5 months, no wonder you got a fat payback due to 10 months delay. Wow, that's a long time to wait. My ex-BIL waited for 5 months before his first check came in.

I am still confused.

You applied for SSDI in Aug 2010, correct?

If correct, you got your first check in Nov 2011, correct?

If correct, that means you waited for about 15 months, correct?

If correct, your quote said differently.

If it's actually 15 months of waiting instead of 5 months, no wonder you got a fat payback due to 10 months delay. Wow, that's a long time to wait. My ex-BIL waited for 5 months before his first check came in.

I didn't apply SSDI in August 2010 but my old letter showed that my SSDI was denied in March 2010 after resignation from Walmart and they reinstated SSI. I had no idea about why they told me without apply for SSDI. I didn't know until one year later - August 2011 when my mother discussed with SS representative because I was unable to enroll the interview with SS due to student at Gallaudet, so SS want me to discuss with them via relay. After talked on relay, they told me that I'm qualify for SSDI and they need my medical documentation so they reviewed it, so they claimed that my disability started on August 2010 so I'm supposed to qualify for SSDI on August 2010. Interview with SS representative on phone was 3 hours.

The medical documentation took 3 months - August 2011 to November 2011, so that why it took 3 months for me to get a first check after medical documentation review finished, and they approved the benefit.

I didn't apply SSDI in August 2010 but my old letter showed that my SSDI was denied in March 2010 after resignation from Walmart and they reinstated SSI. I had no idea about why they told me without apply for SSDI. I didn't know until one year later - August 2011 when my mother discussed with SS representative because I was unable to enroll the interview with SS due to student at Gallaudet, so SS want me to discuss with them via relay. After talked on relay, they told me that I'm qualify for SSDI and they need my medical documentation so they reviewed it, so they claimed that my disability started on August 2010 so I'm supposed to qualify for SSDI on August 2010. Interview with SS representative on phone was 3 hours.
Do you mean that you never applied for SSDI and yet you got a letter which stated that your SSDI was denied in March 2010? Maybe your mother did that for you?

Back