this young girl needs help

trullee

Reaction score
hello! from 1999 - 2009 i gradualy lost my hearing. did not expect to loose the rest so soon. i need direction on what to do. at work some times i feel left out of conversations. not everyone stops to say hi, maybe they would have to write it down and that would take to long or they are affraid because they can`t spell. this is all new to me and any advise is welcome. :shock:

Welcome to AD Trullee, I hope that you find this place to be comforting and the information here helpful. =)

thanks for the welcome commity. now if someone can show me how to get around here. i am not to computer literate. you might have to hold my hand though somr things.

tru welcome and hello i am HOH or hard of hearing and i am computer literate so much so i build my own computers from the ground up for fun! I will help with anything u need and i myself am just learning about the community around here at AD and so far i love it and everyone in it. they have all been a great blessing so far!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will pick it up enough to know about many other topics and discuss and debate with us. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads her. See you around. :wave:

It's really good to be able to read lips well, find a class or ask your doctor for contacts to learn this, i'm self taught and it's not easy...i did take sign language classes but never got to use it! hearing people can't sign, hahaha I study body language, their hands, eyes, expressions, it's quite a process to watch for all the pieces of the puzzle..

Welcome, trullee, and I do hope that you will join the thread that Bott linked you to. Just to to the post that says "Bottesini", look for the web address in her message that says "general chat", point your icon, and left click your mouse.

do you have any thing about lip reading? it would be best for me at work. i would be the only one there to asl but don`t know that either. thank you for the help.

You can receive training to help you with lip reading skills, but keep in mind that the situations in which lipreading alone would be effective are limited. You might want to consider written communication, as well.

Back