This is what Chickent McNuggets are made of:

Spam is made of "leftover" of meat that wouldn't make it to store.
They save everything - ears, snouts, toes, tails, butts, weiners, everything, and cook it down, grind it up. They add tons of spices, preservatives and chemicals to 'fool' our tastes. Then pack all this goop into a can and sell it so they wont lost any money. Pretty disgusting?

Btw I do love eat spam with nori and rice. :P

I've seen pig ears, feet and hocks (ankles) sold at the grocery store near me. I have hocks frozen in my fridge and I normally use them for flavoring my bean dishes.

chickenrun1.jpg

I'm hungry..... so hungry..... only $1 to spend.... what to do?
survive the hunt, which I'm sure you already have a knife. sell some left over. store good leaves into a tight container, bury it, water will drip out so you can have some water the next day ...

and, to save money! ..that's not so hard. :)

Wirelessly posted

What's wrong with hot dogs?

Are we that far removed from the process of making food? Since when people forgot how to make sausages, scrapples, jerkies and so on?

Dunno, ever since I learned how my ancestors made food, very few things gross me out.

Factory farming though? Unnatural.

sodium nitrite is in hotdogs and I heard some horror stories on how they're made ! I eat hotddogs on in awhile.

Wirelessly posted

Except I don't have $200 to drop on a decent processor.

They aren't cheap, I know. You just have to keep an eye out for one on sale. I saw a KitchenAid food processor (12 cups) for $199.99 at Sears last week. I believe KitchenAid is offering a $75 rebate on it. So it would be around $125 before taxes.

I've seen pig ears, feet and hocks (ankles) sold at the grocery store near me. I have hocks frozen in my fridge and I normally use them for flavoring my bean dishes.

I never ate pig feet or hock! My dad did buy bull tongue and we would have a tongue sticking out of a pot ,It looked really gross ,but we did like it. I could not eat bull tongue now!

Wirelessly posted

Again, all cured sausages, even 200-400 years ago have sodium nitrite.

The only thing that's has changed is meat is readily available cheaply so rather than eating cured meat once a day, people are eating it three to five times a day.

Wirelessly posted

He means the one that are raw and you need to cook before eating.

Breakfast sausages, farmer sausages, liver sausages and so on.

oh yeah, about being pink .. what's wrong with that? why dye? all males (being blue their color) would eat them anyway! :lol:

I never ate pig feet or hock! My dad did buy bull tongue and we would have a tongue sticking out of a pot ,It looked really gross ,but we did like it. I could not eat bull tongue now!

I've never eaten pig ears or pig feet though my dad told me once that my mother used to eat pig feet when she was little.

Back