Thinking....hard....

Florida get sinkholes and that state could fall of map too.

bugs.gif

The state is not going to fall off... :roll: :doh:

Well, I am back in Florida now for the last 5 years, coming from Missouri. While the heat is not quite as bad as we had in Central Missouri, the humidity is worse. Winters are better. Cost of living where I am is through the roof for us. We are thinking of moving yet again, but it will be a few years down the road. We are tossing NC, SC, MO (not), and Central FL, all around. We were thinking Sequim, WA, but I feel that's too far and the taxes are higher than here.

You're living in the wrong area chicky! You need to look more towards the Tampa, St. Petersburg area or something! I know friends of mine that live in St. Petersburg that pay around $600 - $700 a month in rent on average for 2 and 3 bedrooms... Which I personally don't think is bad.

The state is not going to fall off... :roll: :doh:

NO SHIT! You don't say! :roll: :doh: People where joking about California falling off the map and you said nothing about that so I guess you think that is true b/c you said nothing about it .

We paid an average of 3.25 thru out the South, about 3.50 in Bar Harbor and the price increased along the Great Lakes and now out West(Pacific Northwest)here at about 3.80 But it is about 4.05 at home in southern CA.....

And I believe that you'd be hard pressed to find an area in FL where you could have a basement. I know you said that's something you want.

You wont find a basement in florida, its all swamp land. everything is pad/floating foundation.

Not where Im looking ( and on the cheaper side) cant have basements due to hydrostatic water pressure.
It's the same here in SC. Sometimes houses are advertised as having basements but they are actually above-grade levels that perform as basements.

It makes it difficult to have in-ground pools, too, unless they are bermed up or made with flexible liners.

You're living in the wrong area chicky! You need to look more towards the Tampa, St. Petersburg area or something! I know friends of mine that live in St. Petersburg that pay around $600 - $700 a month in rent on average for 2 and 3 bedrooms... Which I personally don't think is bad.

Never thought of West Coast. Hubby refuses to rent, so we would be buying and it would have to be at least 4 bedrooms and hopefully 5 of them. Rent here on a 3 bedroom house goes for $2300 a month and a 3 bedroom apartment goes for $1800.

Our gas price currently when I filled up yesterday was $3.84 per gallon.

Sono are you still thinking hard?? Don't hurt yourself homeboy! :laugh2:

Sono are you still thinking hard?? Don't hurt yourself homeboy! :laugh2:

Nah, thinking very mellow now... things have calmed down. Will probly stay a few years to finish the house and get full value plus some once the lanscape is done.

America deep sh1t if falling off the map lol

don't make mistake I did..i sold my house 8years ago£200.000 which I bought 30 years ago for £13.000 looked at its value today and it over million pounds.the house was sh1te terrace in sh1te end of London:( I believe America similar situation so think clearly

America deep sh1t if falling off the map lol

don't make mistake I did..i sold my house 8years ago£200.000 which I bought 30 years ago for £13.000 looked at its value today and it over million pounds.the house was sh1te terrace in sh1te end of London:( I believe America similar situation so think clearly

I wish I kept my first house, I bought it at $18,000 then updated the entire house (Plumbing, electrical, kitchen, bath..ect..) I lived behind my parents so remodeling was cool as I could use their bathroom/shower when needed. I sold the house 10 years later for $150,000. Because the area wasnt the greatest I wanted out of the city, just tired of it.
I rolled that money into a county house I bought for $189,000, I started a complete remodel on it ( also got married the 2nd time) took the full basement and made 3 additional beds and a full bath as well, also a studio for my daughter and her friends ( my daughter played drums) at the finish it was 7 bedrooms, 3 full baths, large living/dinning combo, large kitchen/family combo, 1 acre back yard and it sold at $350,000
This house, I havent put as much love into it yet, who knows what will happen in the next year or 2... and as far as the neighbors....

Attachments

• stay.jpg
    stay.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
I sold and bought at the wrong time,iffffffffff we could only see future

I was lucky, sold my first in 2005 and the second one in 2007 due to my second divorce, right after that was the housing market crash... I just made it out alive, but you know how divorces can be...whew, wasnt pretty.

Back