Thinking....hard....

WizardofidMay452002.jpg

Now that is spot on, love it !!!!

Been a little restless the past few days, got up at 5am and painted the staircase, got the threads to do still, but looks 100% better.

Attachments

• stairs2.jpg
    stairs2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
  • stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 14
  • stairso.jpg
    stairso.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 13
Nice. I like the brick that I can see in the middle there.

What are the holes for on the side of the stairs? You did a nice job. It's better that what the painters did at my condo , they painted metal railings off the decks but they did not scrape off all the old chipped paint . They painted right over the rust and chipped paint and it looked like crap.

What are the holes for on the side of the stairs? You did a nice job. It's better that what the painters did at my condo , they painted metal railings off the decks but they did not scrape off all the old chipped paint . They painted right over the rust and chipped paint and it looked like crap.

Those are knot holes where the knots in the wood fell out from age ( wood shrinking )
I plan to use a hole saw to cut some circles and pop in place to fill them in. there is actually storage under there and a pantry.

Attachments

• storage.jpg
    storage.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 14
  • storage2.jpg
    storage2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12
Those are knot holes where the knots in the wood fell out from age ( wood shrinking )
I plan to use a hole saw to cut some circles and pop in place to fill them in. there is actually storage under there and a pantry.

I thought you had may of had a mouse that knew how to use a hole saw .
LOL! That is a great idea having storage space under the stairs . I saw this on another forum I use . The steps where outside and the people made the storage space into a dog house for their dogs . The dogs could use it to get out of the rain or take a nap.

I thought you had may of had a mouse that knew how to use a hole saw .
LOL! That is a great idea having storage space under the stairs . I saw this on another forum I use . The steps where outside and the people made the storage space into a dog house for their dogs . The dogs could use it to get out of the rain or take a nap.

Yes, Ive seen pictures of it being made into a doghouse and I have thought about it.... my wife didnt like the idea ( but was my original idea when we were seperated)
https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...11&sz=all&va=dog+houses+made+under+staircases

Yes, Ive seen pictures of it being made into a doghouse and I have thought about it.... my wife didnt like the idea ( but was my original idea when we were seperated)
https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...11&sz=all&va=dog+houses+made+under+staircases

The one I saw was steps on the outside , when I dogs where in the yard that is has a fence they could go into their doghouse under the steps. You could made a club house for your son , he could play in on rainy days . I just realize we had a small closest the was build under our stairs in our house growing up , my dad kept his safe in there .

Last night I got a call from my cousin ( one of the few who moved to Florida years ago ) talked for hours, was great to catch up with them after so many years. We talked a bit about all the stuff to do down there and the areas/costs. seems a house isnt any more expensive than here. Im debating a move out of Missouri, but unsure where I would enjoy the most? I myself would love a cooler climate, my wife would prefer a warm climate but not hot. Hmmmmmmm, where to look?
Got a hint on an offer for my house between $85-95K where my total invested ( appliances, work/materials and cost of house ) is $42K

which is good considering I still need new windows and doors, if those were done Id be looking at 135K

Last night I got a call from my cousin ( one of the few who moved to Florida years ago ) talked for hours, was great to catch up with them after so many years. We talked a bit about all the stuff to do down there and the areas/costs. seems a house isnt any more expensive than here. Im debating a move out of Missouri, but unsure where I would enjoy the most? I myself would love a cooler climate, my wife would prefer a warm climate but not hot. Hmmmmmmm, where to look?
Got a hint on an offer for my house between $85-95K where my total invested ( appliances, work/materials and cost of house ) is $42K

which is good considering I still need new windows and doors, if those were done Id be looking at 135K

Florida is very humid, Northern California , it can get cool at night and it was not too hot when I lived there. But it could be hotter there now with all trees being cut down and road put in. I can really feel the difference in
temperature when I outside in the woods or down town . It feel so much nicer
and cooler walking in the woods than down town. I would rather live where there is as little concrete as possible , it can really made your house feel hotter too.

Im staying way far away from California.....lmao
Its gonna break off and fall in the ocean soon. Im staying on the mainland and high altitude of any rivers/oceans...lol

I first ran across the advice in relation to Florida but think that it applies to any radical change of climate. That is to visit first during each season before making the decision to move.

Its gonna break off and fall in the ocean soon. Im staying on the mainland and high altitude of any rivers/oceans...lol

That's okay; I've got ocean-front property in Las Vegas. :lol:

I first ran across the advice in relation to Florida but think that it applies to any radical change of climate. That is to visit first during each season before making the decision to move.

I got 2 older cousins down there with their families and they love it ( they were from here originally ( St. Louis and Cahokia ) so if they love it , Im sure I will, besides my one cousin has an airboat and gator hunts...wooohoooo

Well, I am back in Florida now for the last 5 years, coming from Missouri. While the heat is not quite as bad as we had in Central Missouri, the humidity is worse. Winters are better. Cost of living where I am is through the roof for us. We are thinking of moving yet again, but it will be a few years down the road. We are tossing NC, SC, MO (not), and Central FL, all around. We were thinking Sequim, WA, but I feel that's too far and the taxes are higher than here.

Well, I am back in Florida now for the last 5 years, coming from Missouri. While the heat is not quite as bad as we had in Central Missouri, the humidity is worse. Winters are better. Cost of living where I am is through the roof for us. We are thinking of moving yet again, but it will be a few years down the road. We are tossing NC, SC, MO (not), and Central FL, all around. We were thinking Sequim, WA, but I feel that's too far and the taxes are higher than here.

Yeah we were concerned about the cost of living, I know gas is through the roof down there.

Florida get sinkholes and that state could fall of map too.

bugs.gif

And I believe that you'd be hard pressed to find an area in FL where you could have a basement. I know you said that's something you want.

The mountains of NC have a pretty mild climate most of the time but they always get the snow before anyone else in NC.

The mountains of NC have a pretty mild climate most of the time but they always get the snow before anyone else in NC.

When I moved to Northern California they had the worst winter in about 35 years and got a lot snow. People where not prepared for the cold weather , all the water lines where on ground and froze .

Back