There is shooting in quebec city

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
It is over on news...

The religious discussion isn't allowed in AD forum so I'm unable to post a link.

There is reference for you - go to any news outlet to find out. *sorry*

I feel bad for victims. :(

What happened in Quebec is truly a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to those families and friends who lost loved ones in this senseless act of violence. For once, I actually appreciate Trudeau's response. I haven't been much of a fan of his thus far, but in my opinion, his response to this situation was compassionate, courteous, and showed some wisdom.

I'm confused.

Authorities say there was one gunman--"The lone suspect accused of opening fire. . ."

But "The center's president Mohamed Yangui said the shooters reloaded at least three times"--that's plural.

So how many shooters were there?

I'm confused.

Authorities say there was one gunman--"The lone suspect accused of opening fire. . ."

But "The center's president Mohamed Yangui said the shooters reloaded at least three times"--that's plural.

So how many shooters were there?
They'll decide eventually.
I haven't seen the news yet today.
Now I am afraid to.

From CNN report:

"Witnesses said the mosque gunmen fired indiscriminately into the crowd of worshipers, which included men, women and children."

Again, plural, yet the same report referred to the shooter as a "lone" wolf.

:dunno:

From CNN report:

"Witnesses said the mosque gunmen fired indiscriminately into the crowd of worshipers, which included men, women and children."

Whoa, media go after our government instead of shooting in Canada. :(

It looks like CNN updated - it was originally to be two men, so now, it is lone wolf.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/americas/quebec-mosque-shooting/

From CNN report:

From what I've read on CBCs website and a few other local news sites, there were originally two suspects; however, it was later determined that one of them was a witness to the attack (who was not charged), and the other was the alleged killer (who has since been charged). Here's a link to that article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-attack-alexandre-bissonnette-1.3958559
Generally speaking, CBC is a reasonably reliable news source so I'm inclined to believe their reporting over some others.

Last edited:
From what I've read on CBCs website and a few other local news sites, there were originally two suspects; however, it was later determined that one of them was a witness to the attack (who was not charged), and the other was the alleged killer (who has since been charged). Here's a link to that article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-attack-alexandre-bissonnette-1.3958559
Generally speaking, CBC is a reasonably reliable, news source so I'm inclined to believe their reporting over some others.
That's interesting that the accused shooter has a twin brother. I wonder if he has the same beliefs?

First I've heard he has a twin. I'm betting not if he's a fraternal twin. My aunt and mom are fraternal and they generally have different thoughts/beliefs- though this past election they actually agree on one thing lol. I wonder how close he is to his twin brother.

Like kerBear said- I had read that that at the start there were 2 suspects but that became 1. The witness was there helping someone injured, saw someone with a gun (later learned it was a cop) and instinctively ran because he thought it was the terrorist shooting, I don't think he gave fault for the cop for running after him either. The actual shooter pretty much gave himself up.

Back