There is No Perfect Father

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue-8pEcXoVI&list=FL8t-_3s4u_vSKuiLJGIDueg&index=3&feature=plpp_video]There is no perfect father - YouTube[/ame]

I don't see life insurance commercials like that very often.

That commercial was a mini high quality movie. The drama quality was better than many American television shows aired in prime time.

I'm just not sure why a life insurance company decided to tell that story. Maybe I'm too cynical sometimes.

Reminds me of the oral deaf here who say such awful stuff about their parents.

The parents would probably do as much for them as this deaf man did for his coda daughter.

It's just a reversal of what I read every day here.

That was a life insurance ad?!?

Yeah.

I'm interpreting it as the Thai life insurance company is saying -- see even a deaf/voice off father is willing to do everything he can to take care of his daughter financially.* Don't you care about your family also? Aren't you willing to be at least as caring? Buy life insurance.

It's a well made commercial -- but I have mixed feelings about it.

*Specifically in the scene where he is telling the doctor that he can have his house, his business, he can have it all -- just save his daughter.

That commercial was a mini high quality movie. The drama quality was better than many American television shows aired in prime time.

I'm just not sure why a life insurance company decided to tell that story. Maybe I'm too cynical sometimes.

it's for shock effect. several companies have used this approach for quite a while now and their ads are not even related to their products but the point is - viewers would remember the company name and logo. and they know viewers would circulate it in FB/Twitter/etc like a wildfire

Yeah.

I'm interpreting it as the Thai life insurance company is saying -- see even a deaf/voice off father is willing to do everything he can to take care of his daughter financially.* Don't you care about your family also? Aren't you willing to be at least as caring? Buy life insurance.

It's a well made commercial -- but I have mixed feelings about it.

*Specifically in the scene where he is telling the doctor that he can have his house, his business, he can have it all -- just save his daughter.

Yeah, it was just shocking, they really know how to send a message i guess.

Back