Therapist Refuses To Allow Me To Use TTS Or Other Speaking Aids

Oh my... I do have to agree with Cappy, I enjoy reading Soulvei's posts! Have you ever thought about giving creative writing a try?

As far as the events goes, I don't know anything about how groups and therapy works (I had a therapist for suicidal depression, but I nipped it in the bud after four appointments, I could tell it wasn't going to help. I did find something that worked though), but I seriously hope that things get easier for you, Soulvei! Keep us up to date on what's going on!

Talk to a lawyer and see what your legal recourse is in your country/state is. Good luck!

I'm curious how things are going. If insurance pays for this terrible therapist, make sure the insurance company knows that the therapist is discriminating against you and violating the ADA. Medical reimbursement is heavily weighted based on satisfaction, the insurance company can drop coverage of this person if there are enough complaints. That hits their bottom line as well as preventing others from using her and being treated the same way.

Back