thedeafcommunity.org controversy

Does that mother advocate for ASL?

If not, then why should we accept her if she doesn't accept our language?

Exactly. To me it seems like she's hardcore oral due to believing myths about ASL and Deaf ed......granted she's prolly really scared and anxious about her son's speech issues (he had to transfer to Sunshine Cottage) But still.....oral skills ARE promoted with Signing Deaf ed....it's just not the sole focus. I know a lot of orally skilled kids who attend Deaf Schools/programs.

wow, what a scamming CI proponent, this is recklessly unethicnal!!

Deaf Community is for anyone who can sign ASL 100%. That is Deaf Culture along with Deaf Community. That is nothing in Wikipedia. She is wrong on that one. She did not mentioned ASL, either. **sigh** :(

I wonder why not get something more appropriate like "thetalkingdeaf.org" :dunno:

I wonder why not get something more appropriate like "thetalkingdeaf.org" :dunno:
Don't know; that domain name is available.

Out of curiosity, I searched for thetalkingdeaf.org but I only got listings for the The Walking Dead. :giggle:

People who behave like her blow my mind.
It's so frustrating.
Don't know; that domain name is available.

Out of curiosity, I searched for thetalkingdeaf.org but I only got listings for the The Walking Dead. :giggle:

This made me die of laughter. Thanks a lot. :p

Last edited:
Does anyone believe one is "compelled" to be part of site: the deafcommunity.org?

Ignore- Why get excited?

What is a deaf community?

I grew up orally and was never part of a community with other deaf people whether they were oral only or Deaf. Never heard of a deaf community. Just Deaf community with Deaf culture values.

Back