The scale of the universe

:ty: for sharing. It's very cool!

The thing that totally rocked my world was at the very end, where it showed "the observable universe" and the "estimated size of the universe." That was new information for me.

Ooh, just noticed on the Scale of the Universe you can click on individual images for more info. I was just sliding back and forth.

That is fantastic. Reminds me of "The Power of Ten" Have you seen it?
Powers of Ten - YouTube

It looked interesting, but there were no captions on that video. Not even autocaptions. Please only post captioned videos or the transcripts. :ty:

Personally, I like Carl Sagan's discussion of a google and googleplex to illustrate the power of 10s. I tried to find a CC version on YouTube, but no luck. :(

It looked interesting, but there were no captions on that video. Not even autocaptions. Please only post captioned videos or the transcripts. :ty:
:(

You are so right, and I am so sorry. I usually do check, but I forgot. Gak.

The Scale of the Universe is much cooler, IMO, but it probably does owe something of its concept to the The Powers of Ten, which was released in the seventies. In turn, Powers of Ten was based on a book published in the fifties.
Wikipedia has an interesting article on the background.

god is so larger than life... wow that Celestial sphere Hubble Constant i mean wow its like that breath taking ... im speechless....Thank you..

Humans are so small and we are the smartest of all in the whole universe. Agreed? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U]The Known Universe by AMNH - YouTube[/ame]

Back