The real reason pot is illegal in USA

yes i know about smoking ciggys in teh house cuz I had seen ugly walls becoming different colors but of course i i'm a smoker but I used to do pot but I don't do it often cuz of $$ but last time I did was on new year eve 2015 meaning Dec 31, 2014.. ;) anyway I am not that person to do it often tho I noticed my nails are clear cuz i don't smoke that much but if I do smoke often it will become yellow.. I was like eh ok that works but yeah pot is illegal here in california but some places have medical cards for that.. but I am not gonna get it till I move out just cuz meds doesn't help to solve my back pain.. or whatever but i suffer from back pain when I try to clean.. so.. nobody is perfect tho one I hate about is people walking and texting at same few almost ran straight into me I had to use my voice hey watch where u going.. I love scaring them when they don't pay attention same for people who sleep in bus i would scare them lol.. :D

After my late mother-in-law quit smoking, TCS and I gave her entire house and contents a thorough cleaning, scrubbing or laundering everything possible, and painting with Kilz primer.

One shocking part of the process was discovering that her kitchen appliances, which I had thought were almond finish, were actually white after I cleaned them. Ugh!
That happened with us when we cleaned out my grandparents' house when they moved. Most shocking for us was the day their bed was moved. There was a perfect square where the bed was- carpet untouched and looked like new, a ring of BLACK all around the bed- right where a vacuum couldn't really reach and the rest of the carpet a darker color due to normal wear, sunlight and smoke. They lived 47 years in that house but I don't know how old the carpet was in the bedroom.

My problems with it:

1. It can't be enforced for being under the influence since it remains in your system too long. In other words, if someone broadsides me and puts me in wheelchair because they were stoned out of their mind, it can't be proven if they were under the influence or if it was from an earlier instance.
  2. I don't want to smell pot all the time, it is offensive sorry for those that like it... Its a strong smell, I don't want smell it while I'm in my back yard for fresh air, driving down the road, outside exercising.
  3. I don't want to deal with people that think its okay to be stoned in public.
  4. Can you prove someone is under the influence at work? How do you test for it, we just assume all people who operate heavy machinery, perform surgery, fly air planes, etc, are a responsible enough on their own?

So basically if you can figure out how to enforce when someone is high or where they can smoke it, I'm okay with it.

How does keeping it illegal prevent the above?

How does keeping it illegal prevent the above?

It keeps it from being mainstream, I know a lot of people smoke. If it were legal even more would... Prohibition didn't stop the consumption of alcohol but it did limit it.

there is no threshold where one is too high to drive. There was court case on this one a guy with some weeds in his blood after fatal accident, he was charged then acquitted! Why acquitted? Its because there is no such thing as threshold limitation on weeds where one considered too intoxicated to drive. The real problem is that for most stoners, driving isn't really much of any trouble for them, and there are rare cases where there's severe accident with drivers having weeds in blood, while on other hand, alcohol made it clear with threshold, one having too much (Alcohol) its pretty much clear that person is too drunk to drive.

disagreement? Bring in data where there's fatal, serious accidents with weeds involved in state of Colorado, they have been legal on weeds for almost 2 years, should have some concrete information out there, where are they?

Only few states have per se laws when it comes to stoner driving, and I haven't heard of any cases regard to per se enforcement, and Colorado happen to be one of them.

The real troubling for those who trying to establish a threshold value when it comes to stone and driving, the results among those who smoke or ate weeds varies greatly, so its difficult to determine the thresold levels. Lastly, there is no such thing as overdosing with weeds.

And how often to the test for weed after an accident? Probably no data to test this I'm guessing.

there is no threshold where one is too high to drive. There was court case on this one a guy with some weeds in his blood after fatal accident, he was charged then acquitted! Why acquitted? Its because there is no such thing as threshold limitation on weeds where one considered too intoxicated to drive. The real problem is that for most stoners, driving isn't really much of any trouble for them, and there are rare cases where there's severe accident with drivers having weeds in blood, while on other hand, alcohol made it clear with threshold, one having too much (Alcohol) its pretty much clear that person is too drunk to drive.

disagreement? Bring in data where there's fatal, serious accidents with weeds involved in state of Colorado, they have been legal on weeds for almost 2 years, should have some concrete information out there, where are they?

Only few states have per se laws when it comes to stoner driving, and I haven't heard of any cases regard to per se enforcement, and Colorado happen to be one of them.

The real troubling for those who trying to establish a threshold value when it comes to stone and driving, the results among those who smoke or ate weeds varies greatly, so its difficult to determine the thresold levels. Lastly, there is no such thing as overdosing with weeds.

I dated a guy he smoked weed everyday for years and he drove and also worked on our car and friends cars while stoned and never had an accident . He did have an accident working on a car when been drinking.
The worst part about smoking weed was my friends and I got the munchies all the time. My homemade chocolate chip cookies would fly off the plate . :giggle: I miss those days .

And how often to the test for weed after an accident? Probably no data to test this I'm guessing.

Tests are mandatory with every serious accidents that involves injuries and/or death, and yes, the data is out there which is why there is so much doubts about the theory that it (Stoned driving) is very dangerous. Like I said the fact that Colorado has legalize weeds for two years, they should have information about them BY NOW if they proved to increase the fatality and/or injury rates, so far NOTHING proves them dangerous as of yet.

Same concept during 2014 Halloween where there is fear of overdosing and hospitalized of children with weeds laced candies, it was proven fruitless fear afterwards. The number of emergency room from Halloween candies with weeds was zero! Guess what increases death during same period? It was alcohol related for most part afterall.

Tests are mandatory with every serious accidents that involves injuries and/or death, and yes, the data is out there which is why there is so much doubts about the theory that it (Stoned driving) is very dangerous. Like I said the fact that Colorado has legalize weeds for two years, they should have information about them BY NOW if they proved to increase the fatality and/or injury rates, so far NOTHING proves them dangerous as of yet.

Same concept during 2014 Halloween where there is fear of overdosing and hospitalized of children with weeds laced candies, it was proven fruitless fear afterwards. The number of emergency room from Halloween candies with weeds was zero! Guess what increases death during same period? It was alcohol related for most part afterall.

http://www.theweedblog.com/road-fatalities-in-colorado-have-plummeted-since-marijuana-legalization/

I found this link and it said the rate of accidents are lower after pot was legal in Colorado

I one the people that thinks it should be legalised but I also think any including hay fever meds some Seziour meds sleeping meds that leave you groggy you should not drive.canbis is proberly safest of all but for driving perpose and you are aware then don't drive

Yup, keep bringing :)

Yes, need to know your own limitation(administer and drive) and respect it, you will be fine.

Yeah I won't drive period if don't think I able to safely and don't about smoking. I mean if I am too dizzy or too tried , I take a short nap first .

You posted several times, what specifically are you talking about.

Hmm... Should I apologize for posting? Two sentences.... I agree that stoned drivers are statistically safer than drunk drivers..... You came at me with a lot of assumptions and attitude that had nothing to do with those two sentences... One of which was a single word... Maybe you did not mean to address me... Regardless...

It keeps it from being mainstream, I know a lot of people smoke. If it were legal even more would... Prohibition didn't stop the consumption of alcohol but it did limit it.

And did prohibition actually help society?

It certainly helped.the mob, no doubt,

Keeping. Weed illegal hasnt prevented it from becoming mainstream

Look around.

Legalize, to make mob and cartels unhappy.

The truth is, Cannabis is one of most easiest and profitable business, keeping them illegal only to have cartel use these profits to fund illegal and dangerous drugs, firearms smuggling, and human trafficking. Taking Cannabis takes away the huge profit which result harder and more expensive to smuggle firearms, dangerous drugs and human as well.

I'm not sure that I would trust that source and weed need data collected over a greater period of time.

Here is a question for those in favor of legalization. Do you want it legalized for recreational use or medical use?

Wheres the information showing how dangerous cannabis is? Colorado has legalized for 2 years, arent they hiding anything?

From what I've read...Florida is just about to legalize Weed for medicine purposes, but not recreational....It's still illegal in Florida...but not for long.

I'm not sure that I would trust that source and weed need data collected over a greater period of time.

Here is a question for those in favor of legalization. Do you want it legalized for recreational use or medical use?

Both.

Back