The real reason pot is illegal in USA

Has anyone seen the movie 'Reefer Madness' ? I :lol: through the whole movie , I never seem people act that way when smoking pot ! I have no idea this is the real reason pot is illegal here , I used the title of the story .

My problems with it:

1. It can't be enforced for being under the influence since it remains in your system too long. In other words, if someone broadsides me and puts me in wheelchair because they were stoned out of their mind, it can't be proven if they were under the influence or if it was from an earlier instance.
  2. I don't want to smell pot all the time, it is offensive sorry for those that like it... Its a strong smell, I don't want smell it while I'm in my back yard for fresh air, driving down the road, outside exercising.
  3. I don't want to deal with people that think its okay to be stoned in public.
  4. Can you prove someone is under the influence at work? How do you test for it, we just assume all people who operate heavy machinery, perform surgery, fly air planes, etc, are a responsible enough on their own?

So basically if you can figure out how to enforce when someone is high or where they can smoke it, I'm okay with it.

My problems with it:

1. It can't be enforced for being under the influence since it remains in your system too long. In other words, if someone broadsides me and puts me in wheelchair because they were stoned out of their mind, it can't be proven if they were under the influence or if it was from an earlier instance.
  2. I don't want to smell pot all the time, it is offensive sorry for those that like it... Its a strong smell, I don't want smell it while I'm in my back yard for fresh air, driving down the road, outside exercising.
  3. I don't want to deal with people that think its okay to be stoned in public.
  4. Can you prove someone is under the influence at work? How do you test for it, we just assume all people who operate heavy machinery, perform surgery, fly air planes, etc, are a responsible enough on their own?

So basically if you can figure out how to enforce when someone is high or where they can smoke it, I'm okay with it.

This tell how to test a person to see if been using pot.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html

I can't stand having a drunk homeless man getting into my face and threaten me! I had to call the police when I got home b/c I don't have cell phone. I hate the smell of booze and I never been threaten by anyone stoned drunk yes!

This tell how to test a person to see if been using pot.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html

I can't stand having a drunk homeless man getting into my face and threaten me! I had to call the police when I got home b/c I don't have cell phone. I hate the smell of booze and I never been threaten by anyone stoned drunk yes!

That doesn't help and that is the problem. It stays in your system 1-7 days or 12hrs so someone could claim they were high days ago.

My concern wasn't with confrontational pot smokers, its being impaired. There is no way someones reaction times and alertness is improved by pot. You can argue calmer... but that doesn't translate to safer.

I don't smell alcohol on someone unless I'm face to face, I can sit across the table from some one drinking and wouldn't know if they had alcohol mixed in their drink. When someone has been smoking pot you can smell it on their clothes as well.

Why does it have to be smoked anyway, why can you just take the THC in pill format?? In that form its strength and consistency could better be controlled and it wouldn't be offensive. People want to grow their own.... you can't make other medicines on your own for good reason, read up on the history of the FDA and their regulations if you want to know why and how they came to be the regulators of pharmaceuticals ...

Isn't the "rationale" re ingesting "pot" is the supposed "medical value" to "assist decreasing massive pain"?

Valid?

As I recall the label "chemical crutch" for "pot user".
Still today?

aside: I am not a "pot user" and have no intention of starting.

Last edited:
That doesn't help and that is the problem. It stays in your system 1-7 days or 12hrs so someone could claim they were high days ago.

My concern wasn't with confrontational pot smokers, its being impaired. There is no way someones reaction times and alertness is improved by pot. You can argue calmer... but that doesn't translate to safer.

I don't smell alcohol on someone unless I'm face to face, I can sit across the table from some one drinking and wouldn't know if they had alcohol mixed in their drink. When someone has been smoking pot you can smell it on their clothes as well.

Why does it have to be smoked anyway, why can you just take the THC in pill format?? In that form its strength and consistency could better be controlled and it wouldn't be offensive. People want to grow their own.... you can't make other medicines on your own for good reason, read up on the history of the FDA and their regulations if you want to know why and how they came to be the regulators of pharmaceuticals ...

I feel the same way about booze why can't people just take a pill b/c
I can't stand being near someone that reeked of booze! I hear of more auto accidents happen by a drunk driver than a stoned driver .

I feel the same way about booze why can't people just take a pill b/c
I can't stand being near someone that reeked of booze! I hear of more auto accidents happen by a drunk driver than a stoned driver .

Agreed... The only stoned driving accidents I read about also are drunk...

Tomatoes was once deemed dangerous and some have banned them before.

Reefer madness movies... ONLY true if mixed with white stuff, but Marijuana by itself? HOAX!

Agreed... The only stoned driving accidents I read about also are drunk...

How can you prove someone was stoned? Thats the whole point, they can simply say no I was stoned yesterday its still in my system.

Alcohol is legal, pot use would be much more wide spread if legal and you could purchase it at every gas station and grocery store.

Where do you guys go that you're smelling booze on people? Hobo camps? Are you really arguing the fact that walking into a room with people drinking alcohol would be similar to walking into a room full of people smoking pot interns of smell? Its like cigars or cigarettes, I grew up with smokers... everything smells like smoke. Been in houses where people smoke? I coats the walls and stains them. I've never walked into a house and had to repaint it and scrub every surface to get the smell of alcohol off!

How can you prove someone was stoned? Thats the whole point, they can simply say no I was stoned yesterday its still in my system.

Alcohol is legal, pot use would be much more wide spread if legal and you could purchase it at every gas station and grocery store.

Where do you guys go that you're smelling booze on people? Hobo camps? Are you really arguing the fact that walking into a room with people drinking alcohol would be similar to walking into a room full of people smoking pot interns of smell? Its like cigars or cigarettes, I grew up with smokers... everything smells like smoke. Been in houses where people smoke? I coats the walls and stains them. I've never walked into a house and had to repaint it and scrub every surface to get the smell of alcohol off!

Hmm... Quite a few assumptions here... And the tone is quite rude as well... Maybe check it at the door and grab a better attitude..

Last edited:
Myself...cannot stand the smell of Pot....The smell, same as cigarette smoke, gets on your clothes and even your hair....and it's true that many people who own houses and apartments, some do not allow cigarette or pot smoking. It turns the walls yellow/brownish...and having to clean/repaint before another tenant moves in.

And the same as for people's breath...smoking pot smoking and even alcohol turns the breath to a stinking smell.....

But to each their own.

Myself...cannot stand the smell of Pot....The smell, same as cigarette smoke, gets on your clothes and even your hair....and it's true that many people who own houses and apartments, some do not allow cigarette or pot smoking. It turns the walls yellow/brownish...and having to clean/repaint before another tenant moves in....
After my late mother-in-law quit smoking, TCS and I gave her entire house and contents a thorough cleaning, scrubbing or laundering everything possible, and painting with Kilz primer.

One shocking part of the process was discovering that her kitchen appliances, which I had thought were almond finish, were actually white after I cleaned them. Ugh!

I don't want people driving impaired, period. It doesn't matter if it's alcohol, weed, illegal drugs or legally prescribed medications. If it effects driving, don't use it or else let someone else drive.

I don't want people driving impaired, period. It doesn't matter if it's alcohol, weed, illegal drugs or legally prescribed medications. If it effects driving, don't use it or else let someone else drive.

As the laws stand if your medications or recreations impact driving; you are not to be behind the wheel... It is because this ambiguity that the legal limit bac got established...

I hate people texting driving at the same time , this put other drivers and pedestrians at risk , some meds impaired people driving too . There are so many things that can impair our driving , driving while angry it a cause of road rage. Every time we get into our car we're taking a risk , we have no idea what is around the corner . The older I get the less I like driving . We don't live in a prefect world , it would nice this could happen but it never will.

Hmm... Quite a few assumptions here... And the tone is quite rude as well... Maybe check it at the door and grab a better attitude..

Its not rude its just frustration with trying to have a serious conversation and dealing with a silly argument of comparing the offensiveness of alcohol on ones breath compared to the smell of pot. Don't like the smell of alcohol then take a step back, smoke is much harder to get a way from. I live in a house with a decent sized yard and 1/2 the time I step outside I smell cigarette smoke, I find it annoying if I want to go outside for a breath of fresh air. There is nothing I can do about it, its their right to smoke on their property.

I do agree that alcohol causes more problems than pot interns of peoples social behavior, not doubt about that. My whole argument is based on the enforcement of when you can or cannot be high. In this regard it is not the same as alcohol since the level of alcohol in your system drops significantly over time, where pot does not.

After my late mother-in-law quit smoking, TCS and I gave her entire house and contents a thorough cleaning, scrubbing or laundering everything possible, and painting with Kilz primer.

One shocking part of the process was discovering that her kitchen appliances, which I had thought were almond finish, were actually white after I cleaned them. Ugh!

:shock:

Its not rude its just frustration with trying to have a serious conversation and dealing with a silly argument of comparing the offensiveness of alcohol on ones breath compared to the smell of pot. Don't like the smell of alcohol then take a step back, smoke is much harder to get a way from. I live in a house with a decent sized yard and 1/2 the time I step outside I smell cigarette smoke, I find it annoying if I want to go outside for a breath of fresh air. There is nothing I can do about it, its their right to smoke on their property.

I do agree that alcohol causes more problems than pot interns of peoples social behavior, not doubt about that. My whole argument is based on the enforcement of when you can or cannot be high. In this regard it is not the same as alcohol since the level of alcohol in your system drops significantly over time, where pot does not.

... I do appreciate the different approach... Yet, nothing you are saying has any baring on what I said...

there is no threshold where one is too high to drive. There was court case on this one a guy with some weeds in his blood after fatal accident, he was charged then acquitted! Why acquitted? Its because there is no such thing as threshold limitation on weeds where one considered too intoxicated to drive. The real problem is that for most stoners, driving isn't really much of any trouble for them, and there are rare cases where there's severe accident with drivers having weeds in blood, while on other hand, alcohol made it clear with threshold, one having too much (Alcohol) its pretty much clear that person is too drunk to drive.

disagreement? Bring in data where there's fatal, serious accidents with weeds involved in state of Colorado, they have been legal on weeds for almost 2 years, should have some concrete information out there, where are they?

Only few states have per se laws when it comes to stoner driving, and I haven't heard of any cases regard to per se enforcement, and Colorado happen to be one of them.

The real troubling for those who trying to establish a threshold value when it comes to stone and driving, the results among those who smoke or ate weeds varies greatly, so its difficult to determine the thresold levels. Lastly, there is no such thing as overdosing with weeds.

Back