The Rainbow Bridge

Levonian

Reaction score
Last Saturday my wife’s little 13 year old poodle Mandy died, and we took her body to be cremated at a pet memorial park near our home in Simi Valley. In the parking lot of the cemetery there is a miniature memorial garden with an obelisk at the entrance. On the obelisk is inscribed an inspirational essay titled ‘The Rainbow Bridge’. I liked the message so much that I Googled it when I got home to see if I could find it anywhere. It turned out to be a very well known essay, and I found hundreds of pages which quoted it. If you have ever lost a pet, I think you would like it.

The Rainbow Bridge

Another version with music and Flash animation

OMG theyre absolutely bootiful!!!!! thanks Levonian for sharing the info abt this for us! i have had several pets that are departed but never forgotten!

Levonian said:
Last Saturday my wife’s little 13 year old poodle Mandy died, and we took her body to be cremated at a pet memorial park near our home in Simi Valley. In the parking lot of the cemetery there is a miniature memorial garden with an obelisk at the entrance. On the obelisk is inscribed an inspirational essay titled ‘The Rainbow Bridge’. I liked the message so much that I Googled it when I got home to see if I could find it anywhere. It turned out to be a very well known essay, and I found hundreds of pages which quoted it. If you have ever lost a pet, I think you would like it.

The Rainbow Bridge

Another version with music and Flash animation

My sympathy goes out to you and your wife on loss of Mandy. It is always hard to lose a pet.

I looked into the link for Rainbow Bridge. Wow, it is truly beautiful and serene.

Funny that you should bring this up because my grandmother (she lives in Ventura) and were talking about pet cemeteries and she mentioned that cemetery in LA County.

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences to you and Mayflower for the loss of Mandy. :hug:

Back