The Polar Vortex Sequel

Beowulf

Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand that the vortex will be back soon. They say it won't be as bad as the last one but will last longer.
Are you prepared?
As for myself, I will get a hotel room for its duration. :lol:

When and who will be affected this time around?

Taking 30 inches logs out, ready to throw in wood burning stove, got plenty of them... thanks for the heads up! :wave:

I'll be keeping an eye on that furnace to make sure we do not have a similar episode to what happened two weeks ago when the house temps plunged below 50 degrees. Good thing I'm ready with emergency numbers and contact info. I'm good.

That article is old?

PUBLISHED: 15:42 EST, 11 January 2014 | UPDATED: 08:02 EST, 12 January 2014

If so, we are experiencing it now.

That article is old?

PUBLISHED: 15:42 EST, 11 January 2014 | UPDATED: 08:02 EST, 12 January 2014

If so, we are experiencing it now.

I think it meant THIS week-- temps are supposed to plunge below zero twice overnight this week.

We moved here to get away from the cold. We knew another one was coming. Our basement is cold but pretty well insulated. I added a little more but it probably wasn't necessary. But it means we have to take out the non-winterized motorcicle TODAY when it will hit 54/55.

This is crazy and not surprising. Thanks for reminding me, I need to find candles (we have flashlights).

Well that means everyone will be returning to the milk and egg sandwiches here in Arkansas. If the temperature drops below freezing for a daytime high, everyone here loses their freaking mind!

Back