The Nostalgia Thread

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
young'uns... watch and learn how we old farts deal with it :lol:

BTW - to keep this thread clean and interesting... please post a pix that you've already experienced... I don't want to see a post about something that's like 10 years before you were even born :ty:

1j8ayb.png

super-ball.jpg

When I was little this was a terribly exciting and desirable toy. My grandfather bribed me to get a haircut using one of these as a bribe...

So I was girl in a sailor suit with hair like John John Kennedy... But the super ball was worth anything! :P

young'uns... watch and learn how we old farts deal with it :lol:

BTW - to keep this thread clean and interesting... please post a pix that you've already experienced... I don't want to see a post about something that's like 10 years before you were even born :ty:

I was a kid using the blackboard. My chore was cleaning up the black board. I ended up got yellow or white all over my hands, or face or on my clothes. My kids are lucky!! they use smartboard.

Classic special education classroom for deaf students the hearing school in few decades ago - started in early 70's.
class4.jpg

As 5th grade - math worksheet contain very basic addition, that it. :ugh:

Classic special education classroom for deaf students the hearing school in few decade ago - started in early 70's.
class4.jpg

I am 70's there were no smartboard. It was a blackboard until 1990's then it got smartboard.

I am 70's there were no smartboard. It was a blackboard until 1990's then it got smartboard.

Actually, it is whiteboard, not smartboard.

Yes, I didn't see whiteboard until I got in the high school.

Old polaroid pictures from 1980(I think) of my Grandpa and Grandma's car. My Dad's 1977 Impala wagon is in front of Ram Charger.

Attachments

• 2013-01-25 07.46.14.jpg
    2013-01-25 07.46.14.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
super-ball.jpg

When I was little this was a terribly exciting and desirable toy. My grandfather bribed me to get a haircut using one of these as a bribe...

So I was girl in a sailor suit with hair like John John Kennedy... But the super ball was worth anything! :P

Had one when I was growing up. Remember bouncing it against the walls down the hall way. :hmm: Wonder if the marks were removed before my parents put the house up for sale? :shock:

last year, when I was in Vermont for skiing vacation... I saw this toy at mom n' pop store and it put on a big smile on my face :)

B%252FO_Fishing_Game_Toys.jpg

I saw that recently and remembered my daughter having one. :wave: young'un. :lol:

ScreenShot2013-02-25at32758PM_zps1440b57d.png

Concealed American diplomat from Argo film and it was shortly after Iran Revolution.

Grand Bazaar. Tehran, Iran. January 1980.

You notice that she didn't wear hijab (the cover for women) because Iranian government didn't adopt the mandatory hijab covering for women until 1981.

See a nice brick on the left

Attachments

• Old hearing aids.jpg
    Old hearing aids.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 11
Back