The MOST Exciting Moment or Event on AD?

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those who have been members of AD for a while...6 months or 6 years, give or take, what was the most WOW situation here on AD for you?

For me, it was the Byrdie event. Fake death of a beloved AD member and wow...it really hit me hard at the time how attached I had become with my friends on AD. After that, I became more neutral.

Other two...the infamous AD wedding. The AWESOME AD get together in NYC hosted by Jiro.

You?

When I went one morning to talk to one of my first friends and mentor here.
His ex wife had been to his page in the night and exposed him as a hearing deadbeat father with a restraining order, and a complete poseur.

He took it down, and ran away from AD, but I had already read it all, and it made it much harder to believe in people's stories.

Fake death?

before your time ... if I remember right ... Byrdie faked his own death by pretending to be his own boyfriend saying he was in the hospital and then died ... I think he was from Seattle ...(yes he was gay) I think ... my memory isn't what it used to be

before your time ... if I remember right ... Byrdie faked his own death by pretending to be his own boyfriend saying he was in the hospital and then died ... I think he was from Seattle ...(yes he was gay) I think ... my memory isn't what it used to be

I knew it was before my time ;) I was just pondering the gall of some people. I haven't had any personal experiences with somebody pulling one over on my here, one I was close to, but I still doubt people genuineness.

For those who have been members of AD for a while...6 months or 6 years, give or take, what was the most WOW situation here on AD for you?

For me, it was the Byrdie event. Fake death of a beloved AD member and wow...it really hit me hard at the time how attached I had become with my friends on AD. After that, I became more neutral.

Other two...the infamous AD wedding. The AWESOME AD get together in NYC hosted by Jiro.

You?

I think Byrdie was the biggest omfgwtf moment. and the AD party.

He had a fake nephew that gave us updates on his condition.

It was horrible how he played us all.

no I don't think he was pretending as BF... it was a nephew, I believe.

These stories remind me of that Catfish show on MTV. I've always thought those stories were fake, but I guess it really does happen more often than people realize.

Yeah, the Byrdie incident........was one for the ages.....

I had the most exciting moment is when I went to Las Vegas AllDeaf Meet in restaurant (forgot what it is called) to meet people behind names. I was like, who are you? Tousi, oh that's you.... who are you? Miss Delectable, oh that's you.....so on :lol: It was nice meeting Jiro, and Alex in a person at Las Vegas.

Sunny, Mushy Cookies and Hockey Dude

It took me awhile to understand why some AD members had a hard time accepting new people. Didn't take long to understand why with all the fake people.

Byrdie guy

AND

NYC PARTY WITH JIRO SHEL ODDBALL JACOB ALEX and MORE members were freaking AWESOME!!!! I never forget how MAC did the wedgie with Jacob. :giggle:

What wedding? The Roadrunner and Angel one?

Yep that one...7/7/07

the whole wedding party were people the bride and groom met on AD. That was something I have never seen before in my life.

Seems like for a lot of you, the Byrdie thing was the most omfg moment here on AD. Oh boy

Back