The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVIII

Wirelessly posted

Frisky Feline said:
Wirelessly posted

My last detox day! I am feeling great! I will continue the next phase , transformation :) on my way to healthy eating habits and more!

what did you do with detox? Id like to know if you dont mind my asking.

It's a body cleanse to prepare me for a weight loss program. The most you can lose is 5 lbs. in five days. Depends on the person , my teammate lost 9.5 lbs and I lost 7 lbs. so far. I do a check in the morning for result. You drink 3 shakes , breakfast , lunch and dinner , allowed fruit and vegetables and eat every 2 hours. Eating only salad w lemon juice . I did the reset Usana program and drink lots of water!

Wirelessly posted

JClarke said:
One week from today until the surgery, :Ohno:

What kind of surgery? I hope it will go
Smooth.

Oh yes, this time it is going to be a very very very small scar.

Your having Cochlear Implant surgery correct?? Not sure how small your scar will be I had 10 staples in the side of my head. I've got a pic around somewhere of it the day after surgery if your interested.

So glad that we didn't get a high end Derecho yesterday!

Wirelessly posted

It's a body cleanse to prepare me for a weight loss program. The most you can lose is 5 lbs. in five days. Depends on the person , my teammate lost 9.5 lbs and I lost 7 lbs. so far. I do a check in the morning for result. You drink 3 shakes , breakfast , lunch and dinner , allowed fruit and vegetables and eat every 2 hours. Eating only salad w lemon juice . I did the reset Usana program and drink lots of water!

Ohhh it sounds like its pretty tough for me. Good luck, but again balance the food would be good too. :D

My kitty isn't feeling well. Will take him to vet in a couple of hour. He got a lion cut & nail trim last Friday. Today he's shivering, limping on one hind leg and crying. :(
I just hope it's not to expensive to diagnose & treat, especially since I'm unemployed right now.

My kitty isn't feeling well. Will take him to vet in a couple of hour. He got a lion cut & nail trim last Friday. Today he's shivering, limping on one hind leg and crying. :(
I just hope it's not to expensive to diagnose & treat, especially since I'm unemployed right now.

How old is he? Can you check his body and paws to make sure if there is no cut anywhere on him. :( hope hes OK.

Poor kitty. I hope he didn't pick up an infection from his cut and trim. If they nicked him, he might have. But antibiotics from a vet would take care of that. I hope he feels better quick!

How old is he? Can you check his body and paws to make sure if there is no cut anywhere on him. :( hope hes OK.

Thanks.

He's 6-1/2. We don't see any cuts (hence didn't make an emergency appt = $$$). I'm hoping they don't want to do bloodwork as that will certainly add to the cost. Maybe it's just a thorn in the foot (he's and indoor/outdoor kitty). May need antibiotics if his shivering is due to a fever.

Hope it's not a cut from the shaver....or cutting the nail too short....Happened to my doggie once...(nail cut too short)...and I wasn't a happy "Mom" when I took her back to the groomers to complain....After a day or so, she was OK....then again, there was 1 or 2 instances where my doggie would limp on her back leg....and she had not been to the groomers....I checked her all over. even asked if someone at home had accidently stepped on her, etc. ....I picked her up and put her on my bed and rubbed her leg...and giving her lots of attention. And in a little while, she was walking fine....?????

Could your Kitty have a bad cold due to the haircut?....All in all...hope it's not serious.

Hope it's not a cut from the shaver....or cutting the nail too short....Happened to my doggie once...(nail cut too short)...and I wasn't a happy "Mom" when I took her back to the groomers to complain....After a day or so, she was OK....then again, there was 1 or 2 instances where my doggie would limp on her back leg....and she had not been to the groomers....I checked her all over. even asked if someone at home had accidently stepped on her, etc. ....I picked her up and put her on my bed and rubbed her leg...and giving her lots of attention. And in a little while, she was walking fine....?????

Could your Kitty have a bad cold due to the haircut?....All in all...hope it's not serious.

My first thought was the nail trim. I called the groomers, who is part of another vet office nearby and she claimed that it couldn't be that. We shall see.

If he didn't have the chills, and wasn't crying, I might have waited to see if he stopped limping. And, of course, it's the weekend.

Except for the fact that colds are caused by virus, not weather, it hasn't been that hot yet this summer, so he may not have needed the haircut this year....at least not yet.

Thanks.

He's 6-1/2. We don't see any cuts (hence didn't make an emergency appt = $$$). I'm hoping they don't want to do bloodwork as that will certainly add to the cost. Maybe it's just a thorn in the foot (he's and indoor/outdoor kitty). May need antibiotics if his shivering is due to a fever.

Maybe he got bitten by another cat. They have listeria bacteria which always causes that infection.

My first thought was the nail trim. I called the groomers, who is part of another vet office nearby and she claimed that it couldn't be that. We shall see.

If he didn't have the chills, and wasn't crying, I might have waited to see if he stopped limping. And, of course, it's the weekend.

Except for the fact that colds are caused by virus, not weather, it hasn't been that hot yet this summer, so he may not have needed the haircut this year....at least not yet.

My doggie got a very short shave last month, first time...(Poms have a lot of hair)...and I was a little concerned she might get a cold, due to going outside in the heat to do her business and puttering around in the yard then coming back into the AC.....but she is fine...

Dunno about Cats as I've never had mine shaved...they are short-haired, but the kitten will have longer hair (it seems like it)....Guessing to keep ur Cat warm...will he drink water?...and making sure he didn't get into any food that was bad ??...has he vomited?....sneezing?....

my mom's dog, yorkie got cut in her eye's cornea and bleed all over it after two hours later. Groomer accidently cut the scissor on her dog. My mom took her to vet and had stitched a few. after that her dog couldnt see well. My mom lost trust in groomer from now on. :( Poor her. The dog named Maggie, passed away years ago.

Maybe he got bitten by another cat. They have listeria bacteria which always causes that infection.

I hope not. He did get bitten/scratched by another cat last year and had to be quarantined for a month or two (luckily for him it was during winter). Because of his long hair we didn't know he had cuts/bites, though we knew there was a cat outside, for a week.

Well, the vet thinks it is just a strain or sprain. Was going to give him anti-inflammatory meds but when she said she needed to test his kidney function first, I said, no thanks. So I just got some pain meds for him. Saved $120 doing that though it still cost me $103 for the office visit & pain meds.
She also said to try to keep him indoors and in a room where he couldn't/wouldn't jump up on things. Yeah, right.

we are going to lake :) fun next week hopefully tuesday yay

My legs are sore from running that I haven't run for a while. I felt great after I ran this am. pshew!!

Back