The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Deaf expo in DC today. Anyone here going?

Do deaf ferrets hang out in hearing world with other deaf and hearing ferrets more or less often than deaf cats would hang out in feline hearing world with other deaf and hearing cats?

Deaf ferrets are too nice for their own good. They like everybody!

Bob , my deceased deaf ferret, made no differentiation between the deaf and hearing members of our family. He played with everyone equally.

I often looked at him askance...

It was so good to see Jiro today. My friends enjoyed chatting with him. His ASL skills has improved SO much since I saw him last about 3 years ago.

I, for some reason, am really enjoying these cheap jawbreakers. On the 5th one now.

I saw hockey games two nights in a row. :dizzy: Yeah Crunch beats Sharks tonight. :) I don't know much about crunch. LOL I remember someone who is a fan of sharks here.

At the Deaf Expo at Gallaudet University, there were several booths from different CI companies. Anyone who says that the whole Deaf community is against CIs are completely wrong. If it was true, then these booths wouldn't exist at the Deaf Expo.

^^ Uh oh !! :lol:

Doing laundry today. One of my least favorite chores.

Oddly, I am also doing laundry. Including dog bedding. Yuck...

I often wonder if dogs and cats would like to help with washing their beds? Like maybe they can dictate what kind of soap to be put in washing machine. I remember that cats are kings and queens so I wonder if cat owners have to wait for cats' order on what kind of soap to put in washing machine to clean their beds?

At the Deaf Expo at Gallaudet University, there were several booths from different CI companies. Anyone who says that the whole Deaf community is against CIs are completely wrong. If it was true, then these booths wouldn't exist at the Deaf Expo.

Interesting , I went to a Deaf Expo few years ago in Palatine, IL. I saw a CI company there. Everyone avoided them like plagues. No one wanted to visit their table. I kind of wanted to visit, but I decided not to as I didn't want people staring at me wondering if I was interested in CI.

I wait for on patient on coming soon job :) soon ready I exciting!

Interesting , I went to a Deaf Expo few years ago in Palatine, IL. I saw a CI company there. Everyone avoided them like plagues. No one wanted to visit their table. I kind of wanted to visit, but I decided not to as I didn't want people staring at me wondering if I was interested in CI.

There were so many CI users of all ages ranging from children to elderly yesterday. As long as they respected ASL and used it at all times, nobody cared that they had CIs.

I have finished the laundry. Well mostly. See, I don't mind sorting it, washing and drying it....but folding it? I hate that. So it often sits in a basket and I have to put it back in the ryer for a few to get the wrinkles out. I think it's because that was my chore as a teenager, doing everyones laundry. Everyone entails, me, my parents, and my 5 younger brothers and sisters, every saturday they'd bring it down from their rooms and throw it in the middle of the living room floor for me start in on. I'd be doing it all weekend I swear. Sitting on the couch and folding and folding and folding...and watching MTV. Yeah.....I'm fairly certain that's the root of my laudry folding loathing :hmm:

My whole entire apartment is sparkling, upstairs and down stairs, I've washed all the clothes.....but there's clean clothes in baskets back behind me........you guys are making me feel I should fold them. I think I'm going to give me and my daughter mani~pedi's instead :D going to do hers purple to match her newly purple hair.

Can't finish my laundry because my daughter is hogging the washer & dryer.
It was a wonderful day when my oldest daughter's GS troop leader had them work on a laundry badge. They had to do the family's laundry for a week. After that, we told her she was now in charge of doing her own laundry. Then a few years later we had her teach her sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back