The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true about slowing down, I once drove though mountain in the west from Los Angeles to Reno, Nevada. It was fantastic driving and I don't mind driving again there.

Let me know next time when you try driving 800+ miles in a day from California to Utah, with lots of mountains and hills to deal with....it slows you down a lot.

Let me know next time when you try driving 800+ miles in a day from California to Utah, with lots of mountains and hills to deal with....it slows you down a lot.

The weekend before Thanksgiving...Drove a U-Haul for a friend from Dallas to Abq NM the first day 600 miles and Abq to San Jose CA the second day which is about 1100 mile. Had a Boxer and a cat in the cab with me.

The weekend before Thanksgiving...Drove a U-Haul for a friend from Dallas to Abq NM the first day 600 miles and Abq to San Jose CA the second day which is about 1100 mile. Had a Boxer and a cat in the cab with me.

Long moving trip there...must be fun driving a u haul truck fighting the mountains, eh? lol

Well....driving thru the plains and rolling hills is nothing....try that with tons of mountains and roads to slow you down a lot...that's why.

Um....Ruidoso is in the Mountains....thats where Ski Apache is. Abq is in the Mountains too.....Lots of safety corridors. Trip from Dallas to LA wasn't exactly flat either.

This is true about slowing down, I once drove though mountain in the west from Los Angeles to Reno, Nevada. It was fantastic driving and I don't mind driving again there.

Yeah...there's tons of mountain views when driving in West US, of course...it's funny that the Applachains in Northeast used to be high as the rockies now they're shorter. They have one of the oldest rocks on Earth.

The winds were pretty bad.....not alot of fun but luckily this truck didn't have a governor on it so in the flat parts we could make up time.

The winds were pretty bad.....not alot of fun but luckily this truck didn't have a governor on it so in the flat parts we could make up time.

Yeah, I knew...I was being scarastic, haha. I remember my friend and I were moving from Utah to Washington state...we rented a Isuzu 15' box truck with a diesel 4 cylinder engine...he said it can't go any faster than 75 mph. I was driving my car behind him all the way to Utah. It took us 2 days because of the snow storm over the Cascades in Washington state so we had to stay at a motel for a night.

Road trips are harder now though. When I could hear I would just crank up some CDs or listen to a book on CD. Now that I can't hear it's just me alone with my thoughts....Which is scary. I am pretty sure the dog and cat started talking after 800 miles or so.

Road trips are harder now though. When I could hear I would just crank up some CDs or listen to a book on CD. Now that I can't hear it's just me alone with my thoughts....Which is scary. I am pretty sure the dog and cat started talking after 800 miles or so.

must be interesting listening to the pets talk, haha.

Back then West was not found yet, no one knows there was rocky mountain there so Appalachian was the only mountain they knew and assuming it was tallest.

I am more fantastic to Rockies than Appalachian even though I grew up in the appalachians.

Yeah...there's tons of mountain views when driving in West US, of course...it's funny that the Applachains in Northeast used to be high as the rockies now they're shorter. They have one of the oldest rocks on Earth.

Back then West was not found yet, no one knows there was rocky mountain there so Appalachian was the only mountain they knew and assuming it was tallest.

I am more fantastic to Rockies than Appalachian even though I grew up in the appalachians.

Haha, what I meant....geology lesson, not settler's lesson. The applalachains are 500 million to a billion years old while the rockies are young, only less than a hundred million years old.

Oh your right about this yeah I remember that back in HS when they mentioned the age of mountains.

Haha, what I meant....geology lesson, not settler's lesson. The applalachains are 500 million to a billion years old while the rockies are young, only less than a hundred million years old.

Oh your right about this yeah I remember that back in HS when they mentioned the age of mountains.

Yeah, pretty much. I watch Discovery Channel a lot that's why I learn about what the life was like before NYC existed...it's interesting how the mountains formed and how the ice age changed the landscape and all. They also had shows about what life would be like if all people don't exist on the planet. They show what happens to everything when there's no people to be seen on planet, scary.

Yeah, pretty much. I watch Discovery Channel a lot that's why I learn about what the life was like before NYC existed...it's interesting how the mountains formed and how the ice age changed the landscape and all. They also had shows about what life would be like if all people don't exist on the planet. They show what happens to everything when there's no people to be seen on planet, scary.

I saw that show a couple weeks ago! Fascinating!

There a unique ice age Palo-Indian possibly lived long ago instance Clovis where they hunted animals. place we were hiked to Big Hole at border of Wyoming and Colorado very preservation place. Never see how ice glaicer changed landscapes long time ago.

There a unique ice age Palo-Indian possibly lived long ago instance Clovis where they hunted animals place we were hiked to Big Hole at border of Wyoming and Colorado very preservation place. Never see how ice glaicer changed landscapes long time ago.

:hmm: I wonder how they figure out the age of rocks and mountains?? I've always wonder how! LOL!

:hmm: I wonder how they figure out the age of rocks and mountains?? I've always wonder how! LOL!

all thanks to discovery of "rate of radioactive decay" in 20th century - radiometric dating.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I am entering medical assistant school Jan 2010 =)

This past June, We had a mini caravan. Me driving the Expedition pulling a boat with my mother and daughter riding with me and following me was hubby driving a 26foot Ryder truck pulling a car carrier trailer with my Mercury Sable on it. He had my son riding with him. We went from St. Louis, Missouri to Chattanooga TN 1st day (hubby can't drive at night). From Chattanooga, TN to Valdosta GA 2nd day (construction the whole way through Georgia, then from Valdosta GA to WPB, FL on 3rd day (construction through most of the trip).

Not as impressive, but it was the first time I had pulled this boat with the Expedition. The boat was very small and very hard to see. It's a little Skeeter that we loaded with a few things (bike & 3 BBQ grills).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back