The Halloween Thread

Litle too early for decorating, but I'll be getting into that within the week....one thing I won't ever use again is....tree moss....never forget that year I used it in decorating the hallway and got "redbugs"....:giggle:

Those with a walkway to their door should consider buying bubble wrap & straw. Secure the bubble wrap to the walkway (I used duct tape) then cover with the straw. As the little (and not so little) ghouls & goblins approach your door they'll hear this strange sound and wonder what it is.
My husband said he'd watch the kids from the living room window & the teenagers were the ones who were more likely to react, but of course were cool when my husband answered the door.

blimmy you do take halloween serious

I think it is second to Christmas now for decorating. People will be decorating their yards soon (some people may have already decorated). I don't do much myself & usually wait till Halloween day just in case there are any mischief night hooligans in my neighborhood.

I don't wear costumes since when I was abt 20's that was my last time I wore a butterfly fairy.

I usually dress up all October- not full out, witch hats, cool nails. Anytime there is a party, I dress up all day. Usually I decorate mid-September and bake special treats for two whole months! Volunteered at a haunted house for several years too. Been pretty sick this year though, so I am not doing as much. Just a few decorations and some baking. XD I love Halloween. Will probably dress up for the actual day, but haven't decided on anything definite.

I usually dress up all October- not full out, witch hats, cool nails. Anytime there is a party, I dress up all day. Usually I decorate mid-September and bake special treats for two whole months! Volunteered at a haunted house for several years too. Been pretty sick this year though, so I am not doing as much. Just a few decorations and some baking. XD I love Halloween. Will probably dress up for the actual day, but haven't decided on anything definite.

I love the holidays and can never wait to start baking all the fun treats. I'm really excited to do Halloween cupcakes with my son this year. I think he will get a kick out of putting on the toppings. :)

I also do the hats thing during Dec. I love my Santa hat, jingle bell earrings and my Ruby Red Slippers...hehe I love to sparkle.

I'm getting some pumpkins (large and small) and I am going to use them as centerpieces. Can't wait to carve the first pumpkin! Our friends are SUPER into to Halloween...so excited for the haunted corn maze! WHOOHOO!

We decorate for Fall/Autumn but not Halloween. Now, I do have a few Halloween things as MIL gave them to me, so I may start using some things. I like the haunted houses and things like that.

I enjoy buying all the different foods in the stores for various holidays. I usually like to buy pet shirts too, but our new puppy turns out to be adept at removing them, so I think we will have to come up with a new holiday pet tradition.

His name is Rick Genest and he doesn't need a costume. He's known as Zombie Boy because of his tattoos...
04140B7D-7614-4A82-9D42-921955925AE6-8324-00001A59F65D65F8.jpg

They look beautiful and I love their costumes.
BCAEE468-B8ED-4F84-B60C-3091147D27A0-8324-00001A5A06924978.jpg

His name is Rick Genest and he doesn't need a costume. He's known as Zombie Boy because of his tattoos...
04140B7D-7614-4A82-9D42-921955925AE6-8324-00001A59F65D65F8.jpg

They look beautiful and I love their costumes.
BCAEE468-B8ED-4F84-B60C-3091147D27A0-8324-00001A5A06924978.jpg

That first pictures is...disturbing...did he really tat himself out like that?

That first pictures is...disturbing...did he really tat himself out like that?

Yep. There are some people that is really into body modification. I watched one of his interview about why he look like that, and I can't exactly remember what his response was. Check this video out, it's pretty cool and tells you not to judge a book by its cover.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mIBKifOOQQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Go Beyond The Cover - YouTube[/ame]

For Netflix Customers....

Season 2 of The Walking Dead, now available.

I should have put this in the picture thread, but it is more fitting here. This is me when I was a senior in High School. I had dressed up earlier to look like I had been in a horrible skateboarding accident. I had a skateboard look like it was sticking through my stomach. This photo was taken later that evening at a deaf get together Halloween party with friends after I had changed clothes:

stevenhalloween1990.jpg

I used cotton and dye/makeup to look like I had fallen off my skateboard face first into pavement. (I was 17)

I should have put this in the picture thread, but it is more fitting here. This is me when I was a senior in High School. I had dressed up earlier to look like I had been in a horrible skateboarding accident. I had a skateboard look like it was sticking through my stomach. This photo was taken later that evening at a deaf get together Halloween party with friends after I had changed clothes:

stevenhalloween1990.jpg

I used cotton and dye/makeup to look like I had fallen off my skateboard face first into pavement. (I was 17)

That's cool! A couple of years ago, I saw a lot of cool FX make ups in a shop that only open during Octobor and I brought one that made my right cheek look like there's no flesh. I had no costume so I just dressed in my normal clothes with no flesh in my cheek and nothing more.

I have pictures somewhere of a Halloween costume trick or treating event at Gallaudet. Since they are pictures of people other than me, and some are of children (10 years ago) I am not sure what the rules would be about posting them.

stevenhalloween1990.jpg

When I was little, I fell off my Big Wheel. One side of my face kind of looked like that...needless to say it scared the Hell out of my mother....

Laura

I'm going for the beautiful and eerie Dia De Los Muertos look...Behindthemask - are you going to do the same?

dia_de_los_muertos_by_shwamantha-d31wjep.jpg

Everyone should post pics of themselves in costume in a month! :) Happy Halloween!

Back