The Droid

zerodog

Reaction score
I have to say something...

I got that Droid due coverage and can use my laptop for my communicate with video relay ( haven't test ). I want share with you guy that I found another way instead depend on faithful USB plug until out there have Wifi router.

The wifi router is Droid, the pager, doing the wireless to device such as VPAD and the laptop or MVP.

I want share with you but once it success, my friend and I are testing... and let you know guy.

Do you guy have one and try that if know what I am talking about?

Zerodog, your Droid is serviced by Verizon? Pay extra for tethering fee?

I got Droid today and loved it.

It is far better than BB.

Zerodog, your Droid is serviced by Verizon? Pay extra for tethering fee?

No, there's tethering software that use phone wireless to tethering like PdaNet.

Verizon don't offers tethering fee for phone with Android yet.

No, there's tethering software that use phone wireless to tethering like PdaNet.

Verizon don't offers tethering fee for phone with Android yet.

Ok, Did it tether your notebook or netbook for using P3 or others with EDVO rev A network?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Foxrac said:
Ok, Did it tether your notebook or netbook for using P3 or others with EDVO rev A network?

not yet, I would do tonight after I get shopping.

Alright. I love iPhone. I know you dislike AT&T. You take fun with Droid. :)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Alright. I love iPhone. I know you dislike AT&T. You take fun with Droid. :)

It did success but I haven't try yet because it doesn't work one thing missing file :(

will keep post until I resolve that and will share with you you and Verizon that coverage it cover where I go mostly 800K or up to 3MB

it works so great when I tethered my Droid to MacBook Pro.
717073344.png

really, you success it? :(

I have one file error problem... what step method you found? Care to care another way? I have inform droidforums.net

really, you success it? :(

I have one file error problem... what step method you found? Care to care another way? I have inform droidforums.net

Yup, it is success.

What kind of error that you got? Are you install on Windows or just error message from Android phone?

Have you enable the USB debugging? If not so try to enable it.

Yup, it is success.

What kind of error that you got? Are you install on Windows or just error message from Android phone?

Have you enable the USB debugging? If not so try to enable it.

I figure out and it has success :) I was working and busy couldn't have chance do due conflict going on.

Anyway... it impact and success! Verizon is rule after all!

Droid from Verizon Wireless

Hello folks,

Today I went to Verizon Wireless store and found about Droid smartphone. I tried that and was so impressed. That is much similar like my iPhone but with qwerty keyboard slider. I checked VZW website for plans, etc. I learned that it requires voice plan with data plan. That is more expensive than Blackberry/Netbooks. Do they offer data-only plan for Droid? Also, do they plan to develop IP relay apps for Droid?

Thanks,
Sword7

Hello folks,

Today I went to Verizon Wireless store and found about Droid smartphone. I tried that and was so impressed. That is much similar like my iPhone but with qwerty keyboard slider. I checked VZW website for plans, etc. I learned that it requires voice plan with data plan. That is more expensive than Blackberry/Netbooks. Do they offer data-only plan for Droid? Also, do they plan to develop IP relay apps for Droid?

Thanks,
Sword7

no it not require to have voice plan because if you are disability then you don't need voice plan

Yes I am sure they plan to do Android app for IP Relay because my think that iphone from Purple is wrong move!

Reason; the Droid can do IP Relay or use P3 on laptop with Droid while you are out of town

Hello folks,

Thanks,
Sword7

Check this out...

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless

For the Moto Droid, it's $54.99/month which includes unlimited sms and mms texting, as well as unlimited data.

BTW, yes, tethering works with the P3 as well as other PC's (laptops and desktops). I've even heard where someone used his xbox360's wireless adapter to connect to the Droid! That person even was able to play COD4 and win a FFA deathmatch. :)

Yes, I've used the droid's wifi tethered ( you have to be rooted to do make the droid an access point ) to the P3 Netbook and do a point to point VP with someone else.

Check this out...

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless

For the Moto Droid, it's $54.99/month which includes unlimited sms and mms texting, as well as unlimited data.

Are you sure about this? When I went into a Verizon Wireless store and asked about the Droid a couple of months ago, I was told there was no data plan available for it. I didn't mention this specific plan, though. I wish we could know ahead of time.

Another reason for getting the Droid is because it's powerful enough to work with Flash (and it has a keyboard):

First-gen Android phones to be shut out of getting Flash 10.1 update (Phone Arena News)

Very few other phones look like they'd support Flash. (I think I saw somewhere that the Palm Pre might.)

I think a lot of the online videos that support captioning use Flash, like Hulu.com. But even if the phones support Flash, they still might not provide effective access to the captioning.

So while everyone else is watching videos on their mobile devices, will we be able to watch videos with captions from Hulu, Vevo, etc?

Dana

Yes, I'm positive that there is such a plan for us, without any voice minutes. That plan is advertised on Verizon's website (check the link) any you're right most Verizon store reps do not know of such plans. It took some digging around on their computer to find this specific plan (took 15 minutes, at least). If you are interested in this specific plan, print out that page from the Verizon website detailing that messaging plan without voice minutes, and hand it to a Verizon store rep.

If you're ordering a Droid online, choose the lowest voice minute plan with umlimited data (29.99/mo) then once you receive the device and activate it, either call Verizon to change to the messaging plan (or visit a Verizon store and have the rep change the plan).

Regarding Hulu, I am not sure anyone else with a mobile device is able to watch videos on their site, nor will we be able to in the future. Hulu has blocked all access to video viewing via mobile devices which is unfortunate. Only desktop and laptops (netbook included) are able to view videos off Hulu, however, I've read rumors that Hulu is making apps that would allow those with relatively powerful (iPhones, Android phones w/ 2.0 or 2.1 O/S, and Palm devices, dunno about Blackberries) mobile phones to view their videos. Who knows.

Yes, I'm positive that there is such a plan for us, without any voice minutes. That plan is advertised on Verizon's website (check the link) any you're right most Verizon store reps do not know of such plans. It took some digging around on their computer to find this specific plan (took 15 minutes, at least). If you are interested in this specific plan, print out that page from the Verizon website detailing that messaging plan without voice minutes, and hand it to a Verizon store rep.

If you're ordering a Droid online, choose the lowest voice minute plan with umlimited data (29.99/mo) then once you receive the device and activate it, either call Verizon to change to the messaging plan (or visit a Verizon store and have the rep change the plan).

Regarding Hulu, I am not sure anyone else with a mobile device is able to watch videos on their site, nor will we be able to in the future. Hulu has blocked all access to video viewing via mobile devices which is unfortunate. Only desktop and laptops (netbook included) are able to view videos off Hulu, however, I've read rumors that Hulu is making apps that would allow those with relatively powerful (iPhones, Android phones w/ 2.0 or 2.1 O/S, and Palm devices, dunno about Blackberries) mobile phones to view their videos. Who knows.

Thanks for the clarification about how to get the text plan. One thing that's good about this plan for hard of hearing people is that voice minutes are 25 cents each versus the 40 cents that most other providers would charge, and incoming calls wouldn't necessarily be blocked. I'm hard of hearing; I wouldn't plan to use the voice minutes much but I'd like to have them available if I really need them. And it looks like there are various ways to get voice calling on the Droid by using WiFi (like Skype with a SkypeIn number, MagicJack, etc.) I'd also plan to switch over to Google Voice to answer incoming calls.

I've read negative things about the Droid's keyboard being glued on, however, so I'm concerned about the durability of it. It sounds like it's not particularly well made.

I've been considering the Samsung Moment on the Sprint Network also. Decisions, decisions!

How about Nexus One and HTC Supersonic (Sprint)? Nexus One will be come out on March 23rd with Verizon Wireless. It uses Snapdragon processor (1 Ghz processor) and virtual keyboard like iPhone. HTC Supersonic will come out this summer with Sprint. It will support 4G (WiMax).

Thanks,
Sword7

Back