The computer programmer worked inside a church eating chocolate ...

Jazzberry

Reaction score
Huh? :D I thought it would be fun to make up sentences with signs that look very much alike.

Here are links that describe how to sign:

Computer
Church
Chocolate

Add some of your own!

I am right on your right, because it is my right. Right?

Nosy Witch. Why now?

Great stuff Steinhauer!

Now I learned how to sign witch right before Halloween, that's great! :)

Here's some more:

Use nice paper for school.

He always needs (to ask) questions.

(I bolded the signs that have a lot of similarities. Just in case I'm not the only newbie that reads this thread. :) )

ETA: I put the English words that don't need to be signed in parentheses.

He always needs (to ask) questions.

The ASK/QUESTION sign if signed toward self also looks like the gesture for "Come here." This confused my son once when I was trying to get him to ask me something. Instead of clarifying his question, he walked towards me!

I once lost a huge pot in poker because the dude who told me what cards this dude had.. He discreetly signed KA, I thought he said K10 and was absolutely certain I had the winning hand.

I once lost a huge pot in poker because the dude who told me what cards this dude had.. He discreetly signed KA, I thought he said K10 and was absolutely certain I had the winning hand.

That's what you get for cheating. :giggle: :wave:

The ASK/QUESTION sign if signed toward self also looks like the gesture for "Come here." This confused my son once when I was trying to get him to ask me something. Instead of clarifying his question, he walked towards me!
That's why non-manual markers and facial expression are important. :giggle:

Also, gotta be careful about mixing gestures and signs. :lol:

Yes, Jazzberry! I was just marveling at the chocolate/church/computer similarities myself!

How about full/pig/dirty?

And I must add I am disappointed that watermelon and pumpkin have same signs (unless someone knows better?).

Yes, Jazzberry! I was just marveling at the chocolate/church/computer similarities myself!

How about full/pig/dirty?

And I must add I am disappointed that watermelon and pumpkin have same signs (unless someone knows better?).

Watermelon= "Water" and the sphere thumping.

Pumpkin: 1= "Yellow" and then the sphere thumping on the downturned "S" hand.

2= "yellow" and then the two "five" hands curved and facing to define the sphere.

So no, they are different signs.

Thanks, Bottesini! I didn't think they would be the same, but when I looked them up on SigningSavvy.com, they show the thumping sign to represent melon, watermelon, cantaloupe, muskmelon, honeydew, and pumpkin.

Back