The Big Oil Conspiracy

Wokamuka

Reaction score
Big Tobacco was practice. Today, Big Oil is the Great Evil of American society.

Conspiracy Theory
In February, Berman and Susman—along with two attorneys who have previously worked on behalf of the village and an environmental lawyer specializing in global warming—filed suit in federal court against 24 oil, coal, and electric companies, claiming that their emissions are partially responsible for the coastal destruction in Kivalina. More important, the suit also accuses eight of the firms (American Electric Power, BP America, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Duke Energy, ExxonMobil, Peabody Energy, and Southern Company) of conspiring to cover up the threat of man-made climate change, in much the same way the tobacco industry tried to conceal the risks of smoking—by using a series of think tanks and other organizations to falsely sow public doubt in an emerging scientific consensus.

"Don't believe Big Oil. They're still addicting us."

titling your article "conspiracy theory" is a good way to get your readers to roll their eyes and move on. and it's not really a conspiracy theory, it's well known that oil companies are domineering, corrupt and basically control the world.

titling your article "conspiracy theory" is a good way to get your readers to roll their eyes and move on. and it's not really a conspiracy theory, it's well known that oil companies are domineering, corrupt and basically control the world.

Yeah? Well, I think its the traders on Wall Street

in dubai, crude oil is $8 a barrel and when exchanged over hands into US, its becomes $123 a barrel...... theres no relationship between the supply and demand in there......
just pure greed

in dubai, crude oil is $8 a barrel and when exchanged over hands into US, its becomes $123 a barrel...... theres no relationship between the supply and demand in there......
just pure greed

And its .45 cents a gallon of gas in Saudi Arabia.

just pure greed

it's called capitalism.

like i said there's NO relationship between supply and demand (capitalist para-science of economic rationale) of course it's a capialism society. but this scale of difference is too great, its even now a dangerous monopolic situation that everyone can't live without oil, and they can jack prices to their whims. Capitalism will be one of the greatest downfall to the human race with oil being a number one most amazing fluid that has brought us ease of growth in building construction, invention of plastics, fertilisers, medicine, and obviously, transportation. As soon as greed from profit on this single item goes out of control, everything else will crash. Greed is more dangerous than capitalism, it can only tolerate to a level of expectations of returns in profit, go over a certain critical threshold, it will create a domino effect to collapsing the entire economy as we know it today. Soceity's stability is not immune from greed from oil's profit.

I think the procedure is that it's a theory until, as will happen, proven fact in an American Court of Law. I understand your point. It is not my intention to advertise this topic nor was it my intention to deter discussion. The reference used the word "conspiracy."

President George Bush, Jr., whose ties with the Saudis is (I think) common knowledge, spoke about democracy in the Middle East. The Saudis, in return, said, "Suck it." For someone asking a favor after speaking against the status quo, the President doesn't seem to have a clue.

Market manipulation frequently happens and is not a suprising technique. Unfortunately, cheap oil is the basis for military, industrial, and many local economies. Cut the oil; cut the power.

How much does the United States want the power? Bad enough to invade a nation?

Back