Thanksgiving Receipes

Angel1989

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm cooking this year. Haven't had Thanksgiving at my house in ten years or more. All of my guests are vegetarians, only my husband and I will eat the bird.
So, if anyone has any good receipes they would like to share, please do.....

What are your favorite dishes?

wish could get the tin of libby pumpkin pie in uk.i tried but told nearest place deliver my house is either Rome or ny....this the attitude when emailing don't know if having joke or taking piss

Family loves my potato salad...minus the pimentos tho'....candied yams is so good...but I'm the only one who likes them....no cakes as they like banana pudding or brownies with almonds/pecans....as for pies, love Pumpkin and Sweet Potato...so I'm gonna buy a Sweet Potato Pie for myself.

Do you know what type of vegetarian your guests are , some will not eat any dairy products or eggs and other will and still consider themselves vegetarian . Some will not even eat honey . I think it would be
fine to ask your vegetarian guest to give you one of their favorite recipe and they might offer to made it . Hint ,hint.

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianvegan101/tp/TypesofVeg.htm

I'm cooking this year. Haven't had Thanksgiving at my house in ten years or more. All of my guests are vegetarians, only my husband and I will eat the bird.
So, if anyone has any good receipes they would like to share, please do.....

What are your favorite dishes?

I don't know if you have enough use for a whole bird for the two of you. Years ago (1980s) when my family had gotten down to just my mom and I we had done some "turkey roasts" and then a co-worker of mine suggested a turkey breast. We like that much better. In fact, I have been known to do one just for me and freeze my left overs. (My mom died in 1989.)

sweet potatos! but it has to be the canned Yams stuff, all sickly sweet lol. Mom always add butter and brown sugar, let it cook in the oven, then add marshmellows to the top. Mmmmmm......

sweet potatos! but it has to be the canned Yams stuff, all sickly sweet lol. Mom always add butter and brown sugar, let it cook in the oven, then add marshmellows to the top. Mmmmmm......

I do the sliced sweet potatoes, with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon, melted butter between the layers, bake 350 degrees about 1/2 hour or so. Keep those gawd-awful marshmallows off the top though. :P

These potato pinwheels look great to me and could be done without the bacon for vegetarians.

Ingredients

bag (11.8 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen backyard grilled potatoes
1 1/4
cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (5 oz)
1/2
cup cooked real bacon bits (from a jar or package)
tablespoons milk
can Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet or 1 can (8-oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/3
cup sour cream
tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops (3 medium)

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/loaded-potato-pinwheels/08754751-ac0e-4d46-9d76-64f5a2e2b1d2

could always do green bean casserole (or whichever veggie or rice casserole you think might appeal to your guests), green salad, fruit salad...

I love sweet potato pies , Market Basket use to sell it but not enough people were buying it so they stopped carrying it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg2JDmDOSDI[/ame] You could made a tofu turkey like this one . LOL!

Do you know what type of vegetarian your guests are , some will not eat any dairy products or eggs and other will and still consider themselves vegetarian . Some will not even eat honey . I think it would be
fine to ask your vegetarian guest to give you one of their favorite recipe and they might offer to made it . Hint ,hint.

I know these vegetarians very well, they're my kids and their significant others. No idea how all my kids became vegetarians. They just don't eat meat, so I'll make lot's of mashed potatoes etc.

Interesting to see what others favorite dishes are. I just kind of carried on from what my mom always made. Our favorite side dish is mashed turnips and carrots, very Irish.

I don't know if you have enough use for a whole bird for the two of you. Years ago (1980s) when my family had gotten down to just my mom and I we had done some "turkey roasts" and then a co-worker of mine suggested a turkey breast. We like that much better. In fact, I have been known to do one just for me and freeze my left overs. (My mom died in 1989.)

We always miss on the leftovers because we have always gone to my moms house for Thanksgiving. I'm getting a fresh smaller turkey so we have leftovers so I can make soup etc.

I know these vegetarians very well, they're my kids and their significant others. No idea how all my kids became vegetarians. They just don't eat meat, so I'll make lot's of mashed potatoes etc.

Interesting to see what others favorite dishes are. I just kind of carried on from what my mom always made. Our favorite side dish is mashed turnips and carrots, very Irish.

I think we just had a stuff turkey with cranberries sauce and mash potatoes ,
my mom was not the best cook , dad was better. What do will they have for proteins ?

Coleslaw. Fried green peppers with stuffing. garlic butter asparagus. Mmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

PIG PICKIN' CAKE
1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 c oil
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges with syrup

mix all ingredients together in mixer until batter is soft & fluffy. divide in 3 pans & bake @ 325 for 30 min. when cool frost with pineapple icing.

PINEAPPLE ICING
1 (3 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
1 large can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (9 oz.) container non dairy topping
mix all ingredients until stiff enough to spread and ice cake.

store cake in refrigerator

:bump: Thanksgiving is coming up soon.... any ideas of the recipes out there? :D

Back