Thank you!

I love how this intro thread turned into an argument over grammar.

giphy.gif

I sure wish people here would get a damn life and learn how to read ! I spelled landscaper as ' landcraper ' b/c the guy doing the job does a crappy job ! He has KILLED all our flowers, destroyed our lawn when he plow the snow and when he landscape our lawn each summer he dig up 3 to 4 inches so our lawns are getting smaller each year! So Calvin
get over your damn self b/c you're not that great and either is your damn little cult ! I posted in my post I didn't misspell the word , I wanted to spell it that damn way ! !

I sure wish people here would get a damn life and learn how to read ! I spelled landscaper as ' landcraper ' b/c the guy doing the job does a crappy job ! He has KILLED all our flowers, destroyed our lawn when he plow the snow and when he landscape our lawn each summer he dig up 3 to 4 inches so our lawns are getting smaller each year! So Calvin
get over your damn self b/c you're not that great and either is your damn little cult ! I posted in my post I didn't misspell the word , I wanted to spell it that damn way ! !
Good point they need to learn how to read! I am not teaching ESL . I have an opportunity to teach Medical Terminology to ESL students.

I apologize, to the OP this had to happen .

By the way, I understood what you meant. Just that some folks like to nit pick and waste time .

I want to say I am sorry that the OP thread has gotten hijack and I hope people will let this whole thing drop !

Oh and welcome Leah! As you can see we are a friendly bunch. :rofl:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/grammar/double-negatives

The rules dictate that the two negative elements cancel each other out to give a positive statement instead, so that the sentence ‘I don’t know nothing’ could literally be interpreted as ‘I do know something’.

Nevertheless, they aren’t considered acceptable in current standard English and you should avoid them in all but very informal situations. Just use a single negative instead:

We didn’t see anything.

She never danced with anyone.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Butthurt much?

I think what happened here is that you should not have said you wanted to spell it "that damn way". You said the landscaper did a crappy job. See the two pp's ? Your use of your word play (landscraper) comes across as someone who scrapes lawns. So your anger over your landscaper got lost in your post. The others are right, it should have been landscrapper.

and a "e-I-e-I-oooooo"!...LOL...dunno if Preparation H might help her to spell better?

Back