Textbooks Ebook

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone here think an Ebook textbook is good for college? I am so out dated when it comes to college. I graduated in 2002 and a lot has changed since.

I am thinking about an Ebook is it ideal and good for studying? My concern was trouble shooting. What if the battery gets low on my tablet, what if I need wifi to use an Ebook. What if the classroom is in a location no wifi is used or no internet. Do these things happen when using an Ebook?

I know it cost less money than a textbook. Can you print pages from an Ebook?

Thank you [emoji4]

This is why I stick to books none off those worries

Anyone here think an Ebook textbook is good for college? I am so out dated when it comes to college. I graduated in 2002 and a lot has changed since.

I am thinking about an Ebook is it ideal and good for studying? My concern was trouble shooting. What if the battery gets low on my tablet, what if I need wifi to use an Ebook. What if the classroom is in a location no wifi is used or no internet. Do these things happen when using an Ebook?

Thank you [emoji4]

I do not know your situation or if it will work the same... but when I did online courses I had ebooks... I could print, highlight, make notes and the like into the book... also, I could download the book to my computer and phone... i like the ebooks because they are so mobile without having to tote the extra weight. Also, did not have to worry abouy leaving the book somewhere I always had access to it.

I do not know your situation or if it will work the same... but when I did online courses I had ebooks... I could print, highlight, make notes and the like into the book... also, I could download the book to my computer and phone... i like the ebooks because they are so mobile without having to tote the extra weight. Also, did not have to worry abouy leaving the book somewhere I always had access to it.

more likely get pinched than book...I am a dinosaur come from an age just got book took notes,sooooooooooo much easier:D

more likely get pinched than book...I am a dinosaur come from an age just got book took notes,sooooooooooo much easier:D
I guess it deals with what you agree used to.... I love books but... find ebooks easier to travel with....especailly if it is a text

Thank you [emoji4]

I'm an adult learning returning and I always like a hard copy but I'm use to that. Sometimes I'll get the same book on Amazon and ask the professor if I can use mine or if I need the other one. Sometimes it's not a choice I'm finding out as it's a requirement for some classes. There are usually access codes attached to it where you communicate with class members etc. I wish you luck! It's never to late to get or finish your education!

You might want to read this to help understand the money involved. It is not all a matter of what a person were prefer to use if the cost were the same.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/fres...ok-prices-have-risen-812-percent-1978-n399926

my ipad I can read books on (but don't makes me eyes bad) cost me about £300 not sure what that $ but proberly about 400..i so forgetfull I worried get lost..My friend got a nook she very happy with it cost her£40 she not able do notes on it just download what she wants to read...If I was younger my eyes better I would use one maybe

From reading the comments here, it seems it could be a personal choice. The good thing about the Ebook in my opinion, you can stretch the screen to make the print larger.

I wasn't sure if I can print the Ebook to have both hard copy and Ebook format. Just in case something goes wrong with my 7 inch tablet.

A major reason why I go for eBooks, even to the point I would be willing to check out a book from the library and scan it into a PDF file, but I try to avoid this, is simply because I don't have the space in my travel trailer nor very much headroom for towing capacity of my Jeep. Many books, I can find online as PDF files most of the time, or people I know will gift me their books (by buying me a book online and sending me the PDF/Kindle file to my email address as a surprise gift).

Organizations like ISKCON Hare Kṛṣṇas (Krishnas, the ones you used to see in the airports in the 70s and 80s) or some Jain groups will have ENTIRE libraries of their books online for download, for free. We are talking like your entire data cap gone in a few days!

Back