Texas May Lose $7M Over Education Failures

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Texas May Lose $7M Over Education Failures

AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Department of Education (news - web sites) may withhold as much as $7 million from President Bush (news - web sites)'s home state for failing to tell parents whether schools performed up to standards under the No Child Left Behind Act.

Parents won't be able to request transfers to move their children from poorly performing schools until the information is released, and the funding may be withheld until then.

"The law states we're supposed to announce the results before school started and we did not make that deadline," Debbie Graves Ratcliffe, a Texas Education Agency spokeswoman, told the San Antonio Express-News for its Saturday editions.

State education officials said they may not have final results until February.

More details then click AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Department of Education (news - web sites) may withhold as much as $7 million from President Bush (news - web sites)'s home state for failing to tell parents whether schools performed up to standards under the No Child Left Behind Act.

Oh geez, what wrong with Bush Admin..... Bush's home state is failure under his term. Tsk tsk at him.

Laza, hi...
The way I read this, it is the school for the deaf's fault if they lose the money because they did not make the report on time, not Bush or the US gov't.

Tousi said:
Laza, hi...
The way I read this, it is the school for the deaf's fault if they lose the money because they did not make the report on time, not Bush or the US gov't.

Sigh... this article is for every student in Texas included the hearies!!!

Still point at Bush Admin because they approved "No Child Left Behind Act" in the first place. That's obivously u did not read a whole of this article.

Whoa, whoa... you really don't have to be harsh toward Tousi. He don't deserve that kind of treatment.

Ooops, didn't mean school for the deaf...just Texas schools in general. STILL has nothing to do with Bush; it was the Texas Education Agency that didn't meet the deadline or follow protocol. It is fine if you want to criticize Bush for stuff but not for this issue; it was YOU who read the basic intent of the article wrong.

Hey, Banjo, how's things on your end? Good, I hope.....

yea i was talking with MizzDeaf and DreamDeaf earlier this evening discussing the "No Child Left Behind Act" discussing TX and all that *smh*

Hey, FlyFree, are your two friends from Texas? What conclusion did y'all reach about TX missing the deadline? I think that when they submit the paperwork in Feb like they said, the gov't will prolly disregard their being late and go ahead and give them the Federal monies. Whaddaya think?

hey tousi and banjo there was no offending intended in my perception. first off, banjo lasza had her perception on this and it can be exsperating when poeple try to blame school and under the no child left behind act, yes it is under the bush adminstration therefore its come to the conculsion that bush and the USA education departments did not comply nor did they meet the deadline... and she( lasza was not offending anyone so please dont blame her like that she didn't need that kind of words from you IMO) now come to you tousi, that sounded harsh, what WE read in the national newspaper and WHAT they reported in there is only made to percive us in the IMO status and i dont see any one putting anyone down just felt that it could have been met and educational standards have gone to hell IMO and i stress on this IMO.. ok?

let's have peace ok ? :grouphug:

Tousi said:
Hey, FlyFree, are your two friends from Texas? What conclusion did y'all reach about TX missing the deadline? I think that when they submit the paperwork in Feb like they said, the gov't will prolly disregard their being late and go ahead and give them the Federal monies. Whaddaya think?

Tousi -- no neither are from TX -- they and i are from Missouri -- we were discussing that act and i personally question that program "no child left behind" that applies nationwide -- i hadnt been paying much attention to that issue -- its possible the government will disregard TX being late on sending their paperwork

Java, I certainly get the "IMO" from you but it sure looked to me as if he/she had gunpowder for breakfast but I didn't say anything, especially since I don't know this person. But now that its been brought out, its obvious that my response indicated that his/her response was a bit irritating. Oh, well, tis water over the dam, right?

$7 million is like 70 cents to a big state like Texas. I am sure they can find other ways to get the money.

Tousi said:
Java, I certainly get the "IMO" from you but it sure looked to me as if he/she had gunpowder for breakfast but I didn't say anything, especially since I don't know this person. But now that its been brought out, its obvious that my response indicated that his/her response was a bit irritating. Oh, well, tis water over the dam, right?
right it is :) thanks for being cool abt it :)

Back