Tendinitis Problem..

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
Hello, Sorry I have not been on to AD for awhile, I have been SO busy with college!! (i have one more year left and then i'll be graduating with an Design Associate's degree!)

As you all know I've been involved with marching band and drumline for 4 years in high school, and in my sophomore year I developed tendinitis in my left elbow near the "ball" area, well more like around it. And I still have this injury, As a Visual Communication's major in college (Visual communication is Graphic Design, many people call it different now these days..) I've been carrying a ton of stuff, such as my book bag with my textbooks and my laptop, tracing paper, sketchbook, CI things, and i also have been carrying my portfolio, and a box full of markers, tape, ruler, micro pens, etc and a project for school. Sometimes I am carrying more than one bag to school. I am usually carrying about 3 bags, that is my backpack, my vera bradley bag (usually for textbooks) and my lunch bag. And It led me to believe that carrying all this stuff has made it worse on my elbow.

My elbow has been incredibly painful last week and this week. I have been using an elbow brace a lot last week and I didn't really wear it today because I know the brace would weaken the muscle in my elbow. So I'm currently icing my elbow as I am typing this. I also believe that ASL is causing my elbow to have pain because I am signing a lot with interpreters, VP, working in the deaf community, etc.

But I also read (i may be wrong) that My AIED (Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease) could also be causing the elbow problem as well. I am not entirely sure. I am trying to do a little bit of research about it. So I was wondering if any of you guys may have heard that AIED causes some muscle problems. Because I would like to learn more about it. But If not, I will try and convince my parents to take me to the doctor, They don't really believe that I should be going to the doctor's for my elbow because they think that it is not that big of a deal. So I rather be doing research about my AIED if this is a connection to my elbow that is causing tendinitis.

Stay warm!

Time to get a rolling cart to help carry all that stuff. That is a lot of weight to be carrying around all day. Sorry your in pain, hope relief comes soon.

Most colleges have some kind of medical someone tucked away somewhere to have a look at you. It was free at the ones I went to.
If you go to a doctor it really helps to see one that sees a lot of these kinds of injuries. A doctor that claims to be a Sports Medicine doctor is a good place to start. Usually they are more reasonable in cost as well. Be sure and mention your auto immune condition.
You can go directly to a physical therapist as well and get the right information on what is causing your injury and a regimen to fix it. I am no doctor. These are just reasonable options.
In general tendinitis in the elbow is aggravated by twisting motion that forces the two bones of the forearm out of their comfort zone. Once the inflammation starts it can keep being aggravated. The elbow wrap that put an aircushion right on the sorest spot is helpful. It will not cause your elbow to get weaker. It does not have to super tight or anything. The best thing to do is wear it from the beginning of your day on. Have it on before the activities start. When you do things keep track of what bothers it the most. If it heals up using the cushion keep in mind what caused it so you wear the cushion wrap in advance of those activities. The Sports shops all have them for sale.
It is well worth the effort to learn everything you can about your personal health issues. These health things can cost you everything you make. They can make you miserable all the time. The thing is to find things that help you. I am not a doctor or pretending to be anything. Just a fellow human ouching my way through life.

Hi! I did a graphics design degree in college too - it is always amazing how much big bulky stuff you end up having to carry around! For a printmaking class I once designed a whole bunch of leaves and attached them to a dead tree in a cement filled base. Gosh... that was fun to carry around :giggle:
Grats on being so close to graduation!

Time to get a rolling cart to help carry all that stuff. That is a lot of weight to be carrying around all day. Sorry your in pain, hope relief comes soon.

I have a rolling cart, but it is too small for me to be able to put all of my stuff. My dad got it for me and said it was to be about $100. I'm currently wearing my elbow brace, My brace is about 5 years old, I had it since sophomore year. The cart tips over a lot when I try to put most of my stuff in, I'm guessing it couldn't stand up because of how much stuff i have in it. I want to find a better cart but everything is so expensive these days!

Most colleges have some kind of medical someone tucked away somewhere to have a look at you. It was free at the ones I went to.
If you go to a doctor it really helps to see one that sees a lot of these kinds of injuries. A doctor that claims to be a Sports Medicine doctor is a good place to start. Usually they are more reasonable in cost as well. Be sure and mention your auto immune condition.
You can go directly to a physical therapist as well and get the right information on what is causing your injury and a regimen to fix it. I am no doctor. These are just reasonable options.
In general tendinitis in the elbow is aggravated by twisting motion that forces the two bones of the forearm out of their comfort zone. Once the inflammation starts it can keep being aggravated. The elbow wrap that put an aircushion right on the sorest spot is helpful. It will not cause your elbow to get weaker. It does not have to super tight or anything. The best thing to do is wear it from the beginning of your day on. Have it on before the activities start. When you do things keep track of what bothers it the most. If it heals up using the cushion keep in mind what caused it so you wear the cushion wrap in advance of those activities. The Sports shops all have them for sale.
It is well worth the effort to learn everything you can about your personal health issues. These health things can cost you everything you make. They can make you miserable all the time. The thing is to find things that help you. I am not a doctor or pretending to be anything. Just a fellow human ouching my way through life.

My neighbor is a athletic trainer. I've been going up to see her last year. I was provided a free laser treatment for my elbow. It helped a little bit but then my elbow got worse and i had to go back and it was okay for awhile until I started having to carry all those stuff with me to school. My boyfriend's mom is also a physical therapist. She's been giving me some tips. I have been icing my elbow pretty much all evening today and i'm currently wearing my brace. I'm trying to rest my elbow as much as I can (i'm suppose to VP with my boyfriend soon.) But my elbow is so painful right now and i looked in the mirror and compared both of my elbows and my left elbow that has tendinitis is swollen.

Makes a big difference what kind of wrap you are using. The ones without the air cushion for the elbow did not ever at any time do me any real good. There is a spot. If you feel around your elbow you should find an ouch spot. That cushion needs to be right on it to do any good. Where the ouch spot is would tell a physical therapist exactly what the injury is.

Sounds like an inflammatory condition from an over use injury. You need to stay off it for some time and use a book lugger on wheels like illustrated below...

130926505751_2.jpg

Sounds like an inflammatory condition from an over use injury. You need to stay off it for some time and use a book lugger on wheels like illustrated below...

130926505751_2.jpg

I have something like that but it almost looks like a briefcase. It is quite small. I want to find something a little bit bigger but I don't think all of my stuff would be able to fit in.

I don't know where you live, but do you have a Ross store near you? I bought my daughter a rolling duffle bag and their prices are super cheap. My daughter is tiny and she would have so much stuff to lug around. Finally her back started hurting and she gave in and used the rolling duffle bag. It was under $30 and she loves it.

Or have you seen those hard cased suitcases? They can carry a lot of stuff, stand on it's own and it rolls very easily in every direction.

My daughter is getting her degree in Web Design, her car is always filled with school and work stuff.

Hope some of the information is helpful for you.

I can carry up to 50 pounds of stuff on my back on a good day, and I've been doing this for a long time now, and I've gotten used to lugging heavy stuff on my back, and also while I'm riding my bicycle I can lug heavy stuff around, so that's not too big a deal for me. On a bad day, I use something with wheels, and I tend to use that more often than my back.

I don't know where you live, but do you have a Ross store near you? I bought my daughter a rolling duffle bag and their prices are super cheap. My daughter is tiny and she would have so much stuff to lug around. Finally her back started hurting and she gave in and used the rolling duffle bag. It was under $30 and she loves it.

Or have you seen those hard cased suitcases? They can carry a lot of stuff, stand on it's own and it rolls very easily in every direction.

My daughter is getting her degree in Web Design, her car is always filled with school and work stuff.

I live around dayton,OH. I never really heard of that store before but I should certainly look for that store!

We have Ross store here too as well as Marshalls. They sell apparels for less for people to find a good bargain. :)

Back