Tell ur kids abt santa?

damienmommy

Reaction score
Ummm, I wonder, did you tell your kids that santa is real or you wouldn't tell kids abt santa etccc?

Just want to kno what is your opinion..I am not sure if I should tell my kid all about santa then later when he get older, find out I lied about santa, may hurt his feeling? I did got hurt feeling when mom told me that santa is fake when I was like 10 years old.

I rather not to. Let my son find out himself. I am not sure how I found out. Anyway, it is fun to watch enjoy Christmas and enjoy believing etc. That is part of childhood memories.

As for telling the kid about Santa Claus - It is entirely up to you if you want to tell them or not.

I believe it should be at the age appropriate level. If you were to tell a 4 year old kid and a 9 year old kid that Santa is not real - Which kid would be able to take it better in this situation? Of course, the 9 year old kid would become a bit more acceptable of this situation than a 4 year old kid does.

Either way, the kid will find out about Santa Claus if you chose not to tell them. They will find out about it through their peers or from the society.

My son is at the age where he knows Santa is not real and he's 8 years old. Of course, it did disappoint me a little bit but on the other hand, it shows that he is growing up and is becoming understanding about which is fake or not.

You can also remind your kids that there is a little "Santa" in each and everyone of us...

Every kid will know that Santa is fake once they grows up. I will allow my daughter to believe that Santa is real until she finds out on her own. They might will get upset but of course will accept it.

Ummm, I wonder, did you tell your kids that santa is real or you wouldn't tell kids abt santa etccc?

I don't tell my kids anything, in fact if they wanted to believe in Santa, I was fine with it, but if they're going to ask me if Santa is real, I'm not gonna lie either. My oldest son knows Santa isn't real, but I told him not to tell his little brother that, let him find out on his own. But, I believe a year ago or so, my son just figured Santa wasn't real because he told Santa something that he didn't tell me what he wanted for Christmas. :giggle:

my son just figured Santa wasn't real because he told Santa something that he didn't tell me what he wanted for Christmas. :giggle:

lol so cute. I will say nothing to my kid but i did read a book with him, a book talk about santa etc. But I am sure he would believe in santa when I give him a present from santa.

Ok, thanks for the comment..I kno what to do now.

Oh yea, when my mom told me that santa isn't real. i told my dad that santa is fake. My dad said "huh what are you talking about?"..i was like Santa isnt exist here. He don't live in north pole or anything nothing..No deer can fly in the sky. My dad said YES SANTA is REAL!!!..I said no santa is FAKE! Mom told me. Then dad got pissed off and yelled at my mom and kept telling me that mom lied to me and santa is REAL! He tried hard to make me believe in santa again..10 years old till last year finally he stopped try force me to believe in santa ugh.

When I got present from santa, I told dad "thanks"..dad said "thanks to me? huh I didn't give you that present"..I said "yes you did"..dad looked at present and said it's from santa. I said bullshit, santa isn't real! ITS YOU!!!..dad got pissed off. that was like 4 years ago when I was 17 yrs old I think. lol

Interesting comments...

I prefer to tell the truth about Santa Claus story and to explain about Saint Nicholas' story & what meaning of true Christmas. I don't want to see my future kids are disappointed in me for telling them a lie, I think it's not worth to do so, JIMO. :)

i tell my kids Santa is real. I always can tell when they stop believing in Santa when they dint want t do certain Xmas stuff. kids always have a way of finding out themselves. I know i did. I don't think it caused me any bad memories , other then early good ones.

not nice guys-- faith is the only thing we got left in this world for future isnt it ? santa is santa - not satan . heh funny tho .

You can also remind your kids that there is a little "Santa" in each and everyone of us...

Exactly. When the time came that my son was questioning whether Santa was real, I explained that there was not really a man that flew all over the world on Christmas Eve, but then went on to explain that the spirit of giving that the legend portrays exists.

We were never actually told Santa Claus didn't exist, but I figured out the deal when I was about 10 yrs old. I got the same line as most kids do... "Don't tell your sister..." :giggle:

I'm gonna tell my Son that Santa is real, and as for now, he believes in Santa. From all the stories I've been reading to him lately (Xmas stories) and from the photos or decorations of Santa, Tristan can immeantaly point out and shout, "That's Santa!" He understands what Santa is and what he do. He knows that Santa is a man that lives in North Pole with his raindeers and elves, and the tracks of kids who's bad and who's good, and that he brings gifts to kids on Xmas eve for those that have been good.

I didn't find out about the truth about Santa until I was like elven or so, While I was peaking through the stairs rail to try to catch Santa...instead I caught my mom putting gifts in the socking and under the tree. Imagine my shock, and I have confronted my mom right there, asking her did she lie to me about Santa. She told me the truth, that Santa doesn't fly or anything but there was a man called St. Nickolas that almost did the same thing as Santa would've done. And there's spirit in every parents of Santa as they give gifts to the kids, giving them the magical time of believing Santa until they no longer believe in it.

Ever since I caught my mom, They still do gifts under the tree and stockings from "Santa" because they still want to do the spirit and I always smile at the sight, them working into effort. I'm gonna do the same for my son, once he asks me or confronts me about Santa, I'm gonna tell him the truth and the story of St. Nickolas but I will still continue on being "Santa" like my parents did until I moved out.

Really, it's like a tradition that every generation been passing down ever since like long long time ago! I'm not gonna stop that.

I see nothing wrong with mentioning Santa cuz it's not harmless. They will grow out of it when they realize that they're getting smarter. That's another way of knowing how your kids are getting smarter. ;)

Just don't emphasize on it too much. :)

People at church decided to tell my kids that there was no Santa when they were 3 & 4. I had no idea about it until later. I then let the kids know that there was a little Santa in each of us, but then again, we still do a birthday cake for people who have died in the family. At least we get cake and ice cream more times than not!!

Personally, I don't see the harm in allowing a child to believe in Santa. Every kid needs that and every kid will grow out of it. It's apart of childhood and the wonderment that goes with it. I would be sad if someone told my child there was no Santa. That's like robbing something from them in my opinion.

I just think it's sad to do. :(

Back