Tell everyone to prepare...

Taurus

Reaction score
Please post something that is VERY important that everyone should know then share your experiences!

for example..

NEVER adopt any pets if you THINK you can afford for pet's food, vet bills, and more.. You can adopt pets only if you KNOW you can afford it..

It happend to my friend.. she gave up her two guniea pigs because a lot of bad event in her life. Events force her to gave up her pets. I took care of them.

Never have too many things on hire purchase or paying it off because u pay too much in interests that what it is really valued at, also if something were to happens and u cant afford to pay it back u lose everything that u have been paying on is gone forever and that a big blow to yur wallet.

This has happens to my brother who was paying off four items all at one go which was about nearly $20,000 dollars worth if he had paid cash ending up costing him more than $40,000 in interests and to top it off he lost his job and couldnt keep up with the payments so all things were repossessed. He lost it all. I learnt something from this and will only do one payment at a time and when finished paying it off find the next one. Too risky.

Used to have credit cards and store cards from the mall stores (Belks, etc.)...NO MORE!...Took me 2 years to pay them all off....and then I got the scissors and cut them all up...

Friend of mine kept telling me "you need to get you a credit card"!...She had so many nice things and I wondered how she could pay for all that...she told me "credit cards"....Oh yeah....all those things are gone now, she could not afford to make the payments...lost her job! Now her credit is shot....

Seriously, I think credit cards are bad news...I use my debit card for everything.

Used to have credit cards and store cards from the mall stores (Belks, etc.)...NO MORE!...Took me 2 years to pay them all off....and then I got the scissors and cut them all up...

Friend of mine kept telling me "you need to get you a credit card"!...She had so many nice things and I wondered how she could pay for all that...she told me "credit cards"....Oh yeah....all those things are gone now, she could not afford to make the payments...lost her job! Now her credit is shot....

Seriously, I think credit cards are bad news...I use my debit card for everything.

Totally agree as so many of them have too many credit cards these day and cant keep up with the payments. I stick to one credit card and keep to the same limit and when bank asked if i want an increase i would work out my budget to make sure im able to afford it first before accepting it. It pays to have one card that u have more control on rather than a whole row of them and not keeping track on them. It does bite u back at the end of the day when u receive ur statement of how much u owe.

Before you even thinks about getting a loan, read the fine print first in case there is a catch you may be unaware of. Also don't be afraid to ask too many question about payments, defaults on payment, interests before you go ahead and sign an agreement. You may think something in a glossy brochure looks good and cheap but read the fine print first. It may not be cheap after all.

Also watch out for a smooth talking sales people that tried to sell you extras. Say example, if you are buying a brand new car, sales person could talk you into getting some extras on it before you realise thats add cost onto the price of a car. When I brought a brand new car a few years ago, I choose a car I want. Then a sales man took me to meet another sales man who was trying to sell me a set of sports wheels and I said I'm not interested. Then took me to another room to another sales person, this time is for window tinting and yes I took that. Deal done on that. Then took me to another room to another sales person for insurance. So I stopped after seeing all the room in a row persumely more sales person selling all kind of things and told a sales person I want a car with just the window tinting and I do not want anything else. So be aware of sales person trying to string you along to buy extras cos they do adds up and before you know it, you may not afford everything. I have seen a lots of guys with a nice hotted up cars and then it got repos cos they can't afford to pay it off.

Avoid Honda Civics, they are very bad luck cars. I was used to own Honda Civic Hatchback car and got accident 3 times in less than a year. First time was when I was on the red light and old drunk woman in the silver truck go very fast like 40 mph and crash on my car's back, at the second time was when I was at the last of the line going to the ramp, one man talking on the cell phone and go very fast like 60 mph and crash on my car's back, that is about less than half year later. The last time was when my car was only parked on driveway at my home, my brother in his truck crash on my car's back as he tried to park at the driveway.

Honda Civic is beautiful and cute, but they are evil.

Never buy motorcycle if you are not prepared to dish out extra for safety equipment! Same thing with car. If you do not have any emergency fund set aside, DO NOT BOTHER!

If you want something then save your money and set it aside when the time come and got enough money then get it or use it for emergency.

It's better to have been loved and lost than never to be loved at all.

Never eat chicken on a stick at the Exxon in Hazen AR, gauranteed to send your ass to the hospital!

Never give out every thing about yourself. Let others decide for themselves. This is usually a good indicator to the type of person they are and whether or not they're worthwhile.

If you have just a part-time job - that is NOT the time to be buying a new car. (my brother did this - my parents ended up paying for his truck)

Just because a company has been around for 25 years doesn't mean it will always be there. This is proven from PJP - they were a landmark in my hometown for 25 years, then boom out of nowhere they lost the Tyson contract and shut down, thus my lay off.

Just because you've acquired the license to do something doesn't mean you'll get to do it.

Never put all of your hopes and desires into one thing, because if it dies, all your hopes and desires die right along with it.

Back