technologies for the next decade

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you think that technologies for deaf/HH people for the next decade of 2010?

We enter the next new decade of 2010, we look ahead to an exciting new or much enhanced technology.

I think that:

Mobile Videophone
Web captioning
Video auto answering VP
WiMax or LTE video streaming

Yeah, Mobile videophone would come soon! Since that Sprints and some cellular network have 4G. So it's sounding good. It's gonna be expensive for a while but once it become popular to deaf, price will drop.

Web Captioning, I sure hope they will do it.

VP Answering Machine (auto answering), ZVRS are working on it.. Some VRS are working on it too. So hopefully they'll get it working soon!

Catty

Yeah, Mobile videophone would come soon! Since that Sprints and some cellular network have 4G. So it's sounding good. It's gonna be expensive for a while but once it become popular to deaf, price will drop.

VP Answering Machine (auto answering), ZVRS are working on it.. Some VRS are working on it too. So hopefully they'll get it working soon!

Catty

I hope that US Congress would force FCC which rules require web captioning in all companies like CNN, NBC, ABC, FOX, Hulu, YouTube. I need captioning movie or TV on mobile

P3 PurpleMail message (VP auto answering) will be coming this month.

What do you think that technologies for deaf/HH people for the next decade of 2010?

We enter the next new decade of 2010, we look ahead to an exciting new or much enhanced technology.

I think that:

Mobile Videophone
Web captioning
Video auto answering VP
WiMax or LTE video streaming

Not surprised if SorensonVRS will announce its new product, mobile VP...

Catty

ZVRS already have Z-OJO which it does have auto-answering (Similiar to Purple's MVP that does have auto-answering) which it already included in OJO. But for Z340, they don't have it yet but they still working on it.

A better mobile videophone with crystal clear picture quality unlike anything we have out there.

Virtual interpreter on a mobile device with high quality voice-pick up technology.

I think that's all I can think of.

Back