Tapatalk Forum app

Why would you trust a third party app? I've seen it, but I've never installed it. I'm not sure how secure it is.

Installing the mobile theme would also be acceptable.

However, I'm wondering what you're concerned about. All posts on the forum are publicly viewable already. If you use unique password for the forum (ie, a password you don't reuse for more important accounts), then your security exposure is pretty minimal. And there is very little to be gained from posting as you or reading your private messages, so I can't imagine any nefarious folks would bother.

Using a unique, non-reused password is key, of course. :)

It's been brought up before and discussed some time ago, but never came to a full evaluation.
The main reason it was hesitant to be added is because TapaTalk has some major security holes that allow scripters/hackers to gain access to accounts and the database. However, this was mostly in the last year. I don't know if these flaws have been addressed by now.

The way AD forum is run is it generally tries to avoid adding extra features that can mess or break with the database, which predates data back to 2003.

There's also Forum Runner, but that would have the same third-party concerns.

Anij, thanks for the mobile link! I didn't know there was a mobile theme for the site. To be honest, though, I think the full site is more usable on my phone. The mobile version is missing "new posts" (since last login), jump to first new post, mark forums as read, etc. Or at least, I couldn't find them in the UI. ;)

There's also Forum Runner, but that would have the same third-party concerns.

Anij, thanks for the mobile link! I didn't know there was a mobile theme for the site. To be honest, though, I think the full site is more usable on my phone. The mobile version is missing "new posts" (since last login), jump to first new post, mark forums as read, etc. Or at least, I couldn't find them in the UI. ;)

The mobile site under alldeaf.com/m/index.php (once you log in) has:

Latest Headlines
Forums
Recent Posts (aka "New Posts" on the full site)
My Forums
My Threads
My WiContacts
WiChatroom
My Prefs

Back