Taking a knee...football games...

rockin'robin

Reaction score
What are your opinions?...I've been in a few discussions over this....

I'm ok with it. The haters are making a bigger deal out of it than the protesters.
I don't find it disrespectful. Disrespectful would be to go out on the field and do a dance or something

I'm ok with it. The haters are making a bigger deal out of it than the protesters.
I don't find it disrespectful. Disrespectful would be to go out on the field and do a dance or something
What would that something be that would offend those who fought for their right to do so? :hmm:

What would that something be that would offend those who fought for their right to do so? :hmm:
I’m thinking something that distracts others from the National Anthem. I would not be distracted by someone kneeling.

I’m thinking something that distracts others from the National Anthem. I would not be distracted by someone kneeling.
I'm not distracted by the fact I cannot hear it. A lot of leeway there, don't you think?

I miss the old days when the NFL was about football.

Me too . This whole kneeling is a joke , I am not happy about this. My team some did the kneeling :mad2: Brady didn’t he stood with his hand over the heart . He did lock arms with some team mates not a big deal .

I am pretty disappointed. Will see what happens. Hope my team stands on Sunday. I can go on but I can get banned LOL oh well , I can’t help it my grandfather fought for our flag and country . No one insults the military like these clowns did.

It used to be that bowing the knee was a sign of reverence or respect.

In my opinion, the kneelers aren't courageous at all. Until there are consequences for kneeling during the Anthem, the action is not an act of courage.

I still don't understand how disregarding the National Anthem is supposed to improve the white-cop-vs.-black-civilian situation.

It used to be that bowing the knee was a sign of reverence or respect.

In my opinion, the kneelers aren't courageous at all. Until there are consequences for kneeling during the Anthem, the action is not an act of courage.

I still don't understand how disregarding the National Anthem is supposed to improve the white-cop-vs.-black-civilian situation.
How is this a black/white situation?
I know black people who are deaf.
Some would kneel, some won't.
I see it, no big deal.
"Disregarding" the flag is every American's right.
Deal with it.

How is this a black/white situation?
That's what the kneelers said it was about.

I know black people who are deaf.
Some would kneel, some won't.
I see it, no big deal.
"Disregarding" the flag is every American's right.
Deal with it.
They can do what they want; I don't have to watch them (and I don't). I just don't see anything praiseworthy in what they do.

There's several videos in social media (FB) showing the fans burning season tickets and jerseys in response to players taking knees to protest.

Just like this... (subtitles is in the video)

I don't feel it's about the Flag or even the Anthem...it's about police brutality towards Blacks. However, I don't feel a football field is the place for protests during or even at the beginning of the game. Fans have paid to see Football, not Protests. Social/personal problems? Not during a football game. We see enough protests on TV, even in our daily lives. And Football is American as Apple Pie...we enjoy it and cheer our teams on....

These days everything is crazy. I am more worried about other bigger problems like actual police brutality and they not beign found accountable which will continue anger many. Worried that another riot here in Baltimore City will happen if this doesnt get resolved. The NFL drama...I got into debates but you know what? Everyone will have their opinions so I have decided it is better to respect everyone's opinions and focus on the bigger problems. Let the NFL owners and the players work it out.

Or else what? THAT worries me.

They did protest and started the Black Lives Matter movement and get told that they are disrupting the peace. Like I said, nothing in this country makes sense anymore.

What annoyed me was all the comments after that were basically, "I don't mind if you protest, but could you just protest in a way I find enjoyable." Hello. The point of a protest is to make you uncomfortable and notice the problem. Why bother protesting of you're gonna do it in a way that doesn't grab people's attention.

FB_IMG_1506805102718.jpg

Back