Taking a knee...football games...

Really? So, this protests used to be about the "police brutality", changed to the "racial/social injustice", changed to "Kaepernick being blacklisted from the league", and then changed to "Trump and the misguided arguments about the players' constitutional rights". What's next? Hip-hop music tomorrow?

If you truly think it made us uncomfortable and notice the problem? You are right there is a problem... the protesters cannot make up their minds as they keep changing the reason why they protested. We as the fans notice the problem. :)

It started and as I believe it still is a protest against the oppression of people of color in the United States. By and large this is so far a peaceful protest, we don't have people looting or marching in the streets, so if this gets the point across it's better than the alternative.
Having friends who are black I know they are treated differently than I am and since I can never walk in their shoes and never having experienced what they have in their lives as American citizens who am I to say anything negative about a peaceful protest to shed light on the injustices they still face on a daily basis.

Burning season tickets? They're PAID for! It's like burning your paycheck to protest your boss.

Team Jerseys, anything related to our team...many, many fans have thrown them into the Trash cans at Everbank Field...Sports channels have been taken off from their cable providers too....Lots of negative feedback towards the Jaguars...Sooo...a protest begets a protest...fair enough?...also, saw an "apology letter" from the Jaguars, fans are not accepting it.

Team Jerseys, anything related to our team...many, many fans have thrown them into the Trash cans at Everbank Field...Sports channels have been taken off from their cable providers too....Lots of negative feedback towards the Jaguars...Sooo...a protest begets a protest...fair enough?...also, saw an "apology letter" from the Jaguars, fans are not accepting it.
I wonder if they would still be throwing away their jerseys, etc. if these were white players protesting how they were being treated by society. I have to say it doesn't surprise me with this happening in the south and especially Florida. My guess is it will all blow over somewhere down the road and especially if the Jaguars should make the playoffs! It's kinda like there are no atheists in foxholes!

I hope everything went smoothly at the Steelers vs. Ravens game today. My nephew is a member of the Air Force band that was supposed to perform the National Anthem today. I hope later today to see a video of him singing at the game, so I hope the cameras don't spend all their time on the players at that time.

I wonder if they would still be throwing away their jerseys, etc. if these were white players protesting how they were being treated by society. I have to say it doesn't surprise me with this happening in the south and especially Florida. My guess is it will all blow over somewhere down the road and especially if the Jaguars should make the playoffs! It's kinda like there are no atheists in foxholes!
Some of the players taking the knee are white. Are they not having their jerseys thrown away, too?

I honestly don't care where football players and managers protest police brutality, but then I would not care if the NFL were damaged. I don't like football. However, I think protests would have a greater impact if players and managers showed up for demonstrations in the cities most affected. These guys have $ at this time in their lives, they can afford a plane ticket and hotel room. Best if they wore their jerseys for it. That said, I bet most off the Black players are intimately familiar with the dangers of being Black. They still have to be very careful if a cop pulls them over while driving. It is not as though they are removed from the problem.

"Taking a knee" during the Anthem is good strategy- people notice. It is also protest in a style that, to me, resembles social media in that it seen by many and takes no time at all out of your day.

Finally, "taking a knee" still means something very painful to male anatomy most of the time...:afro::cold:

Some of the players taking the knee are white. Are they not having their jerseys thrown away, too?
They are white protesting how blacks are treated.
SEB said what if they were white protesting how whites are treated.

They are white protesting how blacks are treated.
SEB said what if they were white protesting how whites are treated.
But are the jerseys of the white players being trashed? That's what I was wondering because I don't know.

I'm passing on football this season. I don't need the self righteousness or the hypocrisy - I'd love them to take a knee at the funeral of a fallen soldier - giving the folded flag to the family.....

Laura

I hope everything went smoothly at the Steelers vs. Ravens game today. My nephew is a member of the Air Force band that was supposed to perform the National Anthem today. I hope later today to see a video of him singing at the game, so I hope the cameras don't spend all their time on the players at that time.
Update.

Most of the game footage showed the players and fans during the Anthem but I did get a glimpse of my nephew singing at about 1:25 on the video. :)

I know you are proud of him. A fine-looking lad.

I know you are proud of him. A fine-looking lad.
Yes, I am. :)

It's too bad we can't see more of his face.

He also plays several instruments with the Air Force band. He loves this "gig." He's traveled to many places in the USA and overseas, and performed with some big names. When he can, he moonlights singing at weddings and clubs.

Yes, I am. :)

It's too bad we can't see more of his face.

He also plays several instruments with the Air Force band. He loves this "gig." He's traveled to many places in the USA and overseas, and performed with some big names. When he can, he moonlights singing at weddings and clubs.
Good. No offense, but I think the military ought to stay out of sports too.

Color didn't matter to the victims of the Las Vegas shooter--they helped each.

Attachments

• vegas.jpg
    vegas.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
Me too . This whole kneeling is a joke , I am not happy about this. My team some did the kneeling :mad2: Brady didn’t he stood with his hand over the heart . He did lock arms with some team mates not a big deal .

I am pretty disappointed. Will see what happens. Hope my team stands on Sunday. I can go on but I can get banned LOL oh well , I can’t help it my grandfather fought for our flag and country . No one insults the military like these clowns did.
I dont understand when veterans are also fighting for Kap to get a job and standing (kneeling ) in support of him and countless vets have said they are in no way disrespecting them.

I dont understand when veterans are also fighting for Kap to get a job and standing (kneeling ) in support of him and countless vets have said they are in no way disrespecting them.

I can’t speak for “those” veterans who agree with Kapernick. I can only speak for those who say, “ we fought for our flag” It’s showing respect. The kneeling thing is just drama, political views stay off the field, that’s my opinion. I have a military family.

Back