Taking a knee...football games...

I have a strong military family too. I'm tired of this whole drama from last week. I was worried this past Sunday would be a repeat of that, but thankfully it wasn't. Only that my Vikings lost. :(

I can’t speak for “those” veterans who agree with Kapernick. I can only speak for those who say, “ we fought for our flag” It’s showing respect. The kneeling thing is just drama, political views stay off the field, that’s my opinion. I have a military family.
As do i. However, that has nothing to do with the point just because they have money doesn't meant they are exempt from racism and systematically oppressive treatment. While i understand your point of having military family they are the only ones who have a real right to be outraged. Is it really hurting you for them to silently express the way they see and recognize people of color are treated? Do you really even care why they are protesting because its not political to say "stop killing us, stop targeting us, stop profiling us, stop terrorizing our communities give us our humanity without condition or circumstance, or fine print". Many of the people who are with them are veterans of color who are still being treated unjustly despite all they have done for their country. So again i ask is your issue that their asking for fair treatment and the ability to live in a country they are apart of and helped to make great even when it doesn't love nor respect them back even half as much. Or it is more you don't care or want to see it? Do you agree they deserve to be threatened because cheeto on chief with losing their jobs by not standing to salute using a song that celebrates the killing of black people openly might i add in the second verse/stanza as the national Anthem. Do you not see a problem with that?

As do i. However, that has nothing to do with the point just because they have money doesn't meant they are exempt from racism and systematically oppressive treatment. While i understand your point of having military family they are the only ones who have a real right to be outraged. Is it really hurting you for them to silently express the way they see and recognize people of color are treated? Do you really even care why they are protesting because its not political to say "stop killing us, stop targeting us, stop profiling us, stop terrorizing our communities give us our humanity without condition or circumstance, or fine print". Many of the people who are with them are veterans of color who are still being treated unjustly despite all they have done for their country. So again i ask is your issue that their asking for fair treatment and the ability to live in a country they are apart of and helped to make great even when it doesn't love nor respect them back even half as much. Or it is more you don't care or want to see it? Do you agree they deserve to be threatened because cheeto on chief with losing their jobs by not standing to salute using a song that celebrates the killing of black people openly might i add in the second verse/stanza as the national Anthem. Do you not see a problem with that?
All about respect . Americans act like an American. I can see you are going on a one way street here. I am not going any further with this one with you.

FYI rule here we are not allowed to discuss politics and religion due to arguments and bashing not my rule it comes from Alex . Have a good day!

They did protest and started the Black Lives Matter movement and get told that they are disrupting the peace. Like I said, nothing in this country makes sense anymore.

Yes, I know that they kneeling or sitting during the anthem was all about racial injustice and police issues, so I know that they aren’t means to disrespect to veterans and troops, however anthem is means to respect first responders like police officers and firemen.

NFL should take anthem out instead of dealing with protests, but for me, I prefer to fix the communities to make people of color happy with our country.

I stopped to stand up for anthem in the class at school when I was in senior by sitting because I felt that anthem isn’t necessary in school, however I did recite the anthem when had event to respect the US flag, especially during 9/11 event, on flag pole.

My deaf school didn’t use anthem until after 9/11 in 2002 so it was school board changed the policy, but there were event that all students have go to flag pole and make a large round around the flag pole, so it was once per year.

Last edited:
They did protest and started the Black Lives Matter movement and get told that they are disrupting the peace. Like I said, nothing in this country makes sense anymore.

I just learned that it is possible that some of the ads the Russians bought from FB to create a division involved the Black Lives Matter movement. I am so curious what the ads said and what they looked like. Maybe they can help me understand why people want to sign a petition to label them as terrorist groups. When I first heard about the petition, I was like WTF and was so confused. All they did was protest on the streets but now I am wondering if the ads displayed them committing terrorist acts. HMMM...

Like I said in my first post in this thread, everything seems crazy in this country. Just trying my best to life my life as normally as I can. *sigh*

I work in college all week long... I am on twitter hearing the banter of politics. News broadcasting the same stuff twitter is. Not to mention going to work. There are very little things that bring America together. Chicken BBQ and sports. Why? Well, we are tired and we want to relax before we grind again. separate the political Left vs. Right, and let's have fun.

I personally believe taking a knee is disrespectful. However, if you are asking me, "can they take a knee?" I would say yes, they can take a knee. My thoughts.

Yes, I know that they kneeling or sitting during the anthem was all about racial injustice and police issues, so I know that they aren’t means to disrespect to veterans and troops, however anthem is means to respect first responders like police officers and firemen.

NFL should take anthem out instead of dealing with protests, but for me, I prefer to fix the communities to make people of color happy with our country.

I stopped to stand up for anthem in the class at school when I was in senior by sitting because I felt that anthem isn’t necessary in school, however I did recite the anthem when had event to respect the US flag, especially during 9/11 event, on flag pole.

My deaf school didn’t use anthem until after 9/11 in 2002 so it was school board changed the policy, but there were event that all students have go to flag pole and make a large round around the flag pole, so it was once per year.

Maybe we should just throw the flag out and burn it altogether since it "oppresses" so many idiots? Can't deal with showing respect to the flag, get out of the country. Rich, cry baby millionaires aren't "oppressed" and I'm tired of them turning what should be a family event into a political protest. Quit football and let some young, hungry player have a chance to support his family instead. I mean if the money just oppresses them so.....

Maybe we should just throw the flag out and burn it altogether since it "oppresses" so many idiots? Can't deal with showing respect to the flag, get out of the country. Rich, cry baby millionaires aren't "oppressed" and I'm tired of them turning what should be a family event into a political protest. Quit football and let some young, hungry player have a chance to support his family instead. I mean if the money just oppresses them so.....

And how do you know they aren't "oppressed?" You can't make a statement like this until you walk in their shoes. The last time I read The Declaration of Independence it said: "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with unalienable rights, that among these are: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Nowhere in it did it say would could deny or single out a particular group or groups of people and treat them differently. From what I've seen in my life we do just that: I have black friends and know for a fact that they are treated differently than I am. If these "cry baby millionaires" have to take a knee to draw our attention to the fact that they or their friends are treated differently than so be it. I may be wrong but our founding fathers did pretty much the same thing 241 years ago!

When you think about it, kneeling is a different way of showing respect, when you think about it: you kneel before royalty, you kneel in church, you kneel before the woman you ask to marry and is not disrespectful! If these guys turned away from the flag that would be a sign of disrespect.

Last edited:
And how do you know they aren't "oppressed?" You can't make a statement like this until you walk in their shoes. The last time I read The Declaration of Independence it said: "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with unalienable rights, that among these are: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Nowhere in it did it say would could deny or single out a particular group or groups of people and treat them differently. From what I've seen in my life we do just that: I have black friends and know for a fact that they are treated differently than I am. If these "cry baby millionaires" have to take a knee to draw our attention to the fact that they or their friends are treated differently than so be it. I may be wrong but our founding fathers did pretty much the same thing 241 years ago!

Let's see....they drove to the games in what? And they live where? I wonder how their fans arrived at the games...think everyone came in their Porsche? Are they going back to their mansions afterwards? Regular people live in the real world. Spoiled brat millionaires that earn their living playing ball - don't. I'm proud of the fans too for ignoring the players when they encouraged the fans to sit. Bravery is wearing a uniform in service of your country - not football gear...

Let's see....they drove to the games in what? And they live where? I wonder how their fans arrived at the games...think everyone came in their Porsche? Are they going back to their mansions afterwards? Regular people live in the real world. Spoiled brat millionaires that earn their living playing ball - don't. I'm proud of the fans too for ignoring the players when they encouraged the fans to sit. Bravery is wearing a uniform in service of your country - not football gear...
Like I said you have to walk in their shoes and they aren't taking a knee for themselves they are taking a knee for all people of color and color just doesn't mean you have to be black! If an average person of color took a knee, it would get no press, but if you have "cry baby millionaire athletes doing it people notice and start talking.

Last edited:
...*sigh* I hate football. It's a flag. A well designed, symbolic flag. I will bet you 5$ every person here has broken the flag code at least once if they live in the USA, and that is just as disrespectful. Except, this has more meaning that a cute fourth of July outfit, It's a protest that is necessary because it's an issue everyone needs to think about. if it bothers you, come join me for a soccer game and relax while I play the drums and Tifo my heart out.

Back