T900 character limit

Steve

Reaction score
As previously posted, my wife and I just received our 7290 Blackberries. We set up our Blackberry accounts and informed our families of our new pager addresses.

Her folks have Motorola T-900 pagers. My wife's new blackberry address, "username@attwireless.blackberry.net" is 41 characters long. The T900 can only accept 40 characters! ARGH!

Anyone know of a way to modify the address on the T900 address book? They only work-around I came up with is to save a previous message and reply to it instead of composing a new message. It works, but her folks aren't too thrilled about doing that every time. Adding an ISP address would delay messages with the 10 minute polling.

I suppose we could try deleting the account with customer service's help and start over with a 40 character address.

Steve

For those folks with T900, give them a different short email address that automatically forwards to your BlackBerry.

For example, get another email account with "forwarding capability" such as GMAIL ... and forward a short email like:

"yourname@gmail.com" -> Forwards To -> yourname@attwireless.blackberry.net

Or some other email service, with the forwarding feature. Basically, get some kind of email-forwarding service. Forwarding is done in realtime (no polling).

Problem solved :D

Back