T-Mobile G1

BartSimpsx24x

Reaction score
I am curious about something. Have anyone own a T-Mobile G1 and pay 35 dollar monthly? Can anyone explain me about about that. I am not sure about how data plan and voice plan all together works it their requirement to has those plan not like Sidekick. I don't want pay a lot for their monthly. Can anyone explain me? I am planning get G1 I need make sure before I go ahead order it.

35 dollars data only plan is only can be added to voice plan. I have spoken with Tmobile and was told that they dont have the DATA ONLY plan for G1.

I spoke with a rep on the phone the other night and they're still requiring deaf consumers to purchase a phone plan in addition to one of the two data plans available for the G1. It's unfortunate as I've been a customer for nearly 6 years now and this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. I'll be taking my business elsewhere and I can only imagine how much business with the deaf community they'll either be missing out on or losing altogether as a result of this.

Update... This time with a better outcome thankfully: I decided to try calling T-Mobile one more time and have just discovered that I have the option of paying $39.99 per month for their total internet package! This doesn't include text messages, but you have the option of paying $5 extra for 400 texts, $10 for 1k texts, and $15 for unlimited texts. This so made my day! :)

Yet another update. Apparently that plan isn't compatible with the G1. How nice of them to tell me after the fact. *scowl* I think I'll take my business elsewhere.

Update... This time with a better outcome thankfully: I decided to try calling T-Mobile one more time and have just discovered that I have the option of paying $39.99 per month for their total internet package! This doesn't include text messages, but you have the option of paying $5 extra for 400 texts, $10 for 1k texts, and $15 for unlimited texts. This so made my day! :)

No it not 39.99! It $34.99 every month for unlimit the E mail, internet, IM, and etc. All is everthing!!!

Scott, I was referring to a different plan called the total internet plan, which I later learned wasn't an option after all. You do have to pay for a minutes plan in addition to the data plan. Either way you definitely have to pay more than just $35 a month for service on the G1.

Scott, I was referring to a different plan called the total internet plan, which I later learned wasn't an option after all. You do have to pay for a minutes plan in addition to the data plan. Either way you definitely have to pay more than just $35 a month for service on the G1.

It is not for minutes. This minutes for who hearing people can speak on cell phone. I tell T-Mobile that I cannot speak and use fee per minute. It different. I told T-Mobile I want only text, e mail, and internet.

I only know what I want. But if you want add something in part. That will be fine.

Back