T-Comm for AB's Neptune

cdmeggers

Reaction score
I don't know how many AB users there are on these forums, but just thought I'd post anyway.

The T-Comm accessory (the T-Mic and T-Coil accessory) for the Neptune is now available in the US and Canada for those wanting to use this with their Neptune (can be used with the PSP BWP too). Call or email Customer Service at AB to order one, or even order one through your audie. There's an introductory price from now through April of $150, and after April it'll be $300. You'll need to have a headpiece (any AB headpiece will work), BTE and Neptune cables, and a spare T-mic to use the T-Comm.

There's more info and a pic on my blog: CD's Ear Blog: The T-comm!

I should be getting mine in a few days!

sweet! let us know how it is. I've got the Neptune and will be going bilateral in Jan where I was told they'll include the T-comm as part of the kit.
What do you mean you need a spare T-mic, does that not come with the T-Comm / something I have to order separately?

if you order just the T-comm, it's just the T-comm, you would need extras of everything else. But if you have spares in your Neptune kit already, you don't have to order extras. I have 2 UHP's, 1 for the Harmony and one for the Neptune, so I'll just use the Neptune one with the T-comm and use the cables I already have on hand, along with the spare T-mic that came with my Harmony. If you don't have any T-mics, you'll have to order that in addition to the T-comm, and you may be able to get insurance coverage

Is the purpose of this to have the Micophone in a more natural place on the ear?

Is the T Comm waterproof as well?

no the T-Comm is not water proof. But yeah, put the mic in the ear (the great thing from AB is the T-mic!). With the Neptune alone, the mic is in the headpiece, and I get annoyed hearing my hair brushing across the mic on the headpiece. So with the T-Comm, the headpiece mic is disabled and using the T-Mic instead, it's fantastic! T-Mic is much better than the headpiece mic. And the T-comm also has telecoil built into it as well, so the Neptune doesn't need a separate slot for telecoil, it's in the T-comm ready to go. I am way happy with the T-Comm! love it!

Back