Switched at birth?

Ondreea

Reaction score
so i finally caved and started watching Switched at Birth. I like the story and a bit of the drama, also i love when i know a sign they do and picking up signs along the way. Im only on the first season. Although i enjoy it i'm hearing and i want to know what yall think of the show? Pros and cons of the show? Does it protray the community correctly, what dont they protray as well as they could?

Im just curious :)

I personally love the show. I started it back in like 2011 when it first started. I like the drama and how it explain things hearies wouldn't know about. But it did bring on a whole bunch of hearing people wanted to learn asl, but more of a party trick instead of a language.

I personally love the show. I started it back in like 2011 when it first started. I like the drama and how it explain things hearies wouldn't know about. But it did bring on a whole bunch of hearing people wanted to learn asl, but more of a party trick instead of a language.

I did see tht in a few of the threads here, that it brought on a "fab/trend" thing, which is just uncool to me, thats why ive kinda been waiting to watch it. It is very encouraging and motivational to me, just to be more educated and senstive to people in general around me, and tbh the drama as of now i just like to talk about after i watch a episode :rofl:my bf thinks im funny :blah:

I love shows filled with drama, I love Grey's anatomy because of how much drama they have. My husband hates that I watch them haha, I get to into a show, granted I have been pregnant on and off for the last 5 years so I am way to emotional haha

I dont watch too much tv, but drama i admit draws me in. Mayb its the girl in us? I feel like we can be a bit more drawn to that thn guys will.

And being pregnant mite contribute to being emotional, do you have boys and girls?

I dont watch too much tv, but drama i admit draws me in. Mayb its the girl in us? I feel like we can be a bit more drawn to that thn guys will.

And being pregnant mite contribute to being emotional, do you have boys and girls?
I have 3 years and 1 boy coming in September

To the original (first) poster, There is a search feature on this forum. It's on the top right. A magnifying glass. Use it. You will find the countless SAB threads already posted on this forum.

To the original (first) poster, There is a search feature on this forum. It's on the top right. A magnifying glass. Use it. You will find the countless SAB threads already posted on this forum.

I ended up realizing that after i posted this, i did search and mostly found what i was looking for. Thank you for your patience :)

I have 3 years and 1 boy coming in September

You have 3 year old boy and another on the way right? Just making sure i understsnd

And btw congrats :) i love when healthy families grow! Is your old child excited for a new little one on the way?

You have 3 year old boy and another on the way right? Just making sure i understsnd

And btw congrats :) i love when healthy families grow! Is your old child excited for a new little one on the way?
Haha no sorry about that my phone likes yo speak for me, I have 3 girls and 1 boy on the way. My daughter's are super happy about having a brother haha

SAB good show, has cute girls. I stop watch long time, friend talking say, I watching SAB, I think that old show? He say naw is new now still they make. That cool thinking maybe watch again this show me

SAB good show, has cute girls. I stop watch long time, friend talking say, I watching SAB, I think that old show? He say naw is new now still they make. That cool thinking maybe watch again this show me

I think i just saw recently a few months ago tht they made there last episodes i think there done filming, but like a bunch of the seasons are on netflix if u decide to watch again :)

Yes the show ended after 5 yes earlier this year I believe. I loved the show I wish they would have done more with the Character Noah though. It made me feel a bit more comfortable and understood as I'm entering the deaf/hoh world through meniere'a disease. As of yet I an lucky my hearing has never fully gone out on me

Last edited:
Back